What's new

Mirage BPS-400 or SVS (1 Viewer)

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
I can get a deal on an open box Mirage or can go SVS which until I saw the Mirage sub at $600 was the way I was leaning. Do I go with the Mirage ore spend the extra few hundred for the SVS? This subwoofer hunt is killing me!!:frowning:

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
When you say "spend the extra few hundred" are you referring to the PC model SVS? There are less expensive alternatives, such as purchasing the CS model and using an inexpensive plate amplifier.

--Steve

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
I was speaking of a CS with the Samson. I guess you can run them with a different amp, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose?

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
The Mirage BPS 400 is a very highly rated sub,one of the few that can acheive true reference volume levels.Can you also get the LXF-3 crossover with it? that would be the deal of deals,you won't be sorry.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
That seems like a pretty darn good price. I believe that the BPS-400 lists for $1300. Are you purchasing from Tweeter? I believe that Tweeter is now having some major discounts on the Mirage subs. Either way, I doubt you could go wrong with either sub. Good luck!

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
Jimmy - I didn't inquire about the crossover, but I will. And Bob, yes it is a Tweeter. - Thanks

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Mirage has had a big sale as of late. Here in Canada at my dealer they are listed for $1600.00 + tax but you could walk away with one for about 1200.00 + tax.

Last month Mirage gave the go ahead and they went on for 995.00 + tax. The store I deal with, Audio Ark, ordered 10 and they all sold in a few short weeks. A great bargain to be had.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Folowing a search, this appears to be the thread that most specifically addresses the BPS-400. I was kind of surprised, as I saw these on sale at Tweeter for $500 (USD)off list. Made me thinking of getting one.

Scott -- Did you buy it? What are your impressions?

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
Samuel - I didn't get the BPS-400. I think for the price you're talking they are great. Mine was open box, and I'm no fan of those, because I've had a couple of bad experiences. I ended up with an SVS 20-39 with the Samson 1000. I love it. As for a comparison between them I'd say the SVS isn't as bloated as the Mirage. It sound more crisp and tight to me. But I didn't hear the Mirage in my house. The SVS is great and I wouldn't trade it for a BPS-400, but if I didn't have the extra $$ I would have gone the BPS-400 route and I don't believe I would have had too many complaints. To summarize this babble my personal recommendation would be to go SVS if you can afford it. - Scott

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info, Scott. :) :emoji_thumbsup:
I go back and forth on whether a sub is for me. My current bass needs are modest, because I rarely listen at reference levels. And since I have towers, it seems best to stay simple, and avoid complicating the issue with an "outboard" SW.
The thing that worries me is the size of the drivers in the 400. It seems as though it would be less tight. I have to demo the sub these weekend.
I'm glad that you enjoy your SVS! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Yuri

Stunt Coordinator
Life is no fun unless it's complicated:) I rarely listen at high volumes myself. It definitely makes a difference even at lower levels it adds sounds you hadn't heard before. The SVS was my first venture into a "real" subwoofer and I shouldn't have waited this long. My $.02 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks