"Mirage"...any knowledge or comments?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by David Wilkins, Jul 29, 2005.

1. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

Jul 5, 2001
    Do any of you folks have knowledge about the "Mirage" screen systems that are to be introduced by Screen Innovations this September? The little I've heard, sounds pretty incredible; their web site offers little more than "press release" kind of material, and I'm anxious to hear some details. Early in the week, I sent them an email with a few basic questions, and have yet to get a response. Anybody around here have a scoop on just how good this technology is?

My main concern is, that any product with that kind of supercharged performance and ambient light cancelling ability, might have a damn savage, narrow viewing angle.

And...I'm near afraid to ask...what kind of funds are going to be required to get your foot in the door, from an "economizing" standpoint.
  2. Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann Producer

Mar 21, 2001
    Screen Innovations here in Austin had it available for demo last week, but I was unfortunately in Seattle the entire time so I was not able to play around with it, but another HTF member in Austin did. CLICK HERE to read his comments.

Personally, unless money was no concern and you had no light control in your viewing room, I would stick with a conventional screen. As availability increases and more companies come out with competing models, the prices should come down to a reasonable level and then it might make for a nice screen choice, especially for watching programming like sporting events with plenty of ambient light.