What's new

Miracles DVD definitely coming!.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just received the following email from MiraclesHQ. They are a Miracles fan site who have contacts with the shows creator.

For anyone who missed this show or only saw the first couple of episodes. You missed a great show. I was fortunate to see the 7 unaired episodes. It was what X-files started out to be and strayed. And the stories I think were a little scarier. ABC really screwed up not giving this show a chance.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
wow..AWESOME!!

I've seen all the episodes but I'll definitely buy this

I really really hope the dvd's sell a lot of copies and we can get something like what happened to Firefly..a movie, or possible series revival(it's only been two years and two of the three main actors aren't really doing anything these days)

To me personally, this was the greatest show i've ever seen...

todd or anyone else,

what did you think of the unaired episodes, especially the last one??

some possibilities for where the series was going based on the last episode,

at the end, when the guy is emptying the trash, we see the pattern that formed after paul cut himself. But we still cannot tell whether it says "god is now here" or "god is nowhere"

Based on the hand of god episode(last one that abc aired), we're told that there are 3 people that see the "god is now here" pattern. We're led to believe that paul is one of them, and the obvious guess for the other two would be keel and evie.

man, the show had some awesome possibilities.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Rakesh,

I thought the episodes were great. The one with the Amish girl was outstanding. And not a typical happy ending.
On another note. I also have seen the unaired episodes of Veritas. And that show was really building into something that we didn't see if the 3-4 episodes they aired. :frowning:

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Same here(seeing all the unaired eps of veritas) Todd......looks like both of us got burned by ABC

Let's hope they do the same with Veritas(releasing it on DVD)

as far as that goes, it was really building like you said..the eps that aired on ABC were just to get you a little more familiar with the characters. But I loved the stuff they dealt with in hte latter episodes.

Da Vinci's workshop, fountain of youth etc etc
Also at the end, Nikko had some special abilities and his mom could've still been alive(drinking from the fountain).

Yes, that amish girl episode was awesome. Just another feather in the cap of this brilliantly and beautifully produced show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard the problem with Miracles is that ABC got nervous about the content. Well, duh! What did they think the show was about?? :angry:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think that was more of an issue at the pilot stage - if I remember correctly, the original information on the show was that Skeet Ulrich's character would be investigating miracles for the Vatican beyond the pilot, with the mentor from the pilot being a regular character. At some point, possibly when David Greenwalt was brought aboard, the show was tweaked to no longer directly involve the church.

It's a shame to say, but Miracles mostly had bad luck, premiering right around the Gulf War, and thus not able to get on every week and build up traction. That the show's title and atmosphere were so at odds didn't help at all.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I recently watched the unaired episodes of miracles and Veritas. Veritas developed with each episode and Miracles left a chilling cliffhanger ending.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Cool. As long as the episodes are released in anamorphic widescreen (broadcast on ABC HD that way) and there isn't any music substitution (which shouldn't be a major issue IIRC), I will be nabbing a set for myself. I presume that this will be coming from Buena Vista (Touchstone property), who from what I read here is a bit hit-and-miss about extra features in TV product releases. Hopefully the short run of the series won't convince them to skimp here.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
agreed... I've got copied of some of the same episodes in BOTH pan/scam and 16:9, and you can tell the show was coposed for the widescreen..

must dash off a note to Shout Factory.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
thank you!!!!

yes, i'm there day 1

now we need veritas

i know it's a longshot, but i'd love to see these shows revived..it hasn't been too long and the actors should be available

Thanks todd s for the MHQ shout out. It will be more than nice to finally have the series on DVD, and it's thanks to fans like everyone here that this is possible. So everybody, save up your money for April!! I think we're going to be starting a sort of pledge to tally how many people are willing to purchase the DVD set upon its release. We'll keep you updated! ;)

Some great news, huh? Fans have been hoping this miracle would come true sometime... and it's coming sooner than expected!! YAY! Congrats to all the fans who stuck by the show and supported it through its off years. The guys in Australia, Canada and the UK will certainly be happy to hear this, too. =)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
SOME BAD NEWS ON MIRACLES :frowning:

when this broke, I dashed off a note to Shout Factory giving praise and checking on the WIDESCREEN prints..

just got this back..

(edit)

.... I wish I could say we were releasing
"Miracles" in its original format. Sadly, ABC only provided us with masters
for the pan & scan versions of the episodes. According to ABC, the original
16x9 masters are out there somewhere, but aren't at the best of quality.
Hopefully, you'll understand that we're highly interested in putting out the
best product possible and it looks like that means we have to compromise on
the widescreen issue for "Miracles."

:angry: :angry:

com'on ABC .. Widescreen 'out there somewhere'?? 'Not the best of quality'??? The widescreen versions of all eps aired overseas (IIRC) but 'not the best of quality'?? For a show that aired in HiDef?? NOT THE BEST OF QUALITY???

Why would ABC want to blow smoke on this???

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
:confused: The "aren't at the best of quality" statement doesn't make any sense as written, but that could just be a misstatement by this PR guy at Shout Factory. I can see where ATSC masters were not compiled for the latter episodes since they were never needed. Touchstone/ABC (or whoever really holds the physical prints in the Disney system) would probably be reluctant to fork over the money to get the film masters yanked out of storage to get that done (since it would probably wipe out much of the money they would be receiving from Shout Factory), leaving only a full set of 4x3 masters as used by VisionTV in Canada. I can't think of any other logical explanation.

Well, pan-and-scan prints just aren't going to cut it for me. I'll send Shout Factory a note to hopefully help stimulate them to restart negotiations for the widescreen prints.

That absolutely sucks! How can they not have the widescreen masters available any more? What did they do? Tape over them or something?! Sourly pissed about that.... but whatever. Just having an official release of Miracles is good anyway, right? *grumble grumble*

May I ask, where did you get that information? Directly from Shout! Factory. Just curious, so I can let other fans know. :)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I dropped off an email to [email protected] and the response came in this morning.. so that's straight from the horse's mouth..

let's start those emails flowing!

(heh.. get Mark Cuban over at HDNet to spring for the conversions.. IIRC they do it for little as long as they get non-exclusive broadcast rights for some period of time [memory foggy at the moment on the details])

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks