What's new

Miracles ("Black Dragon" version) -- anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hi gang,

Anyone know if the recent Columbia release of Miracles re-titled "Black Dragon" (the one with the uncut subtitled version on side 1 and the cut dubbed crap on side 2) is anamorphic?

Thanks!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
It's the same transfer from the first time they did this double version disc under the original name of Miracles.

I.e., the widescreen version is anamorphic, but it's a lousy transfer -- blurry, faded and enough haloes for all the angels in heaven.

Get the Hong Kong Legends version if you have a multi-region player.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
>Thanks! I wonder if Fox is likely to release a better version here.

Not while Columbia/Tri-Star has the rights.

C/TS botched the Tsui Hark/Jet Li Once Upon a Time in China trilogy, too. EWWWW. Does that look bad. Even worse than Miracles. The worst anamorphic transfer I've ever seen.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
But at least OUATIC films are uncut, I think. I base this on the included dubbed/shorter version.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
>But at least OUATIC films are uncut, I think. I base this on the included dubbed/shorter version.

The widescreen version of MIracles (Black Dragon) is uncut too.

But they all look pretty bad. Columbia/Tri-Star really fell down on the job with these DVDs. I wonder what happened.

-- Paula

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Paula -
In the case of OUATIC, Columbia wasn't provided with masters that they could make a decent anamorphic transfer from. I guess you could call it a fake "anamorphic" process that they did.

Matt

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
>In the case of OUATIC, Columbia wasn't provided with masters that they could make a decent anamorphic transfer from. I guess you could call it a fake "anamorphic" process that they did

Yikes! Considering how bad the result was, they should have just gone with non-anamorphic transfers. I've seen plenty of decent non-anamorphic transfers that are much nicer looking than the C/TS OUATIC and Miracles.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks