Miracles 2/10/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dwight Amato, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

It's almost halfway though, and I'm guessing...

the doctors daughter is a ghost, giving the information to her father

I hope I'm wrong and that the show is not this predictable, but I'm enjoying the show non the less.

2. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

Dwight,

I didn't figure it out until the very end when she walked around the corner in the hospital and the hallway was "glowing." But I thought it was a sweet twist, since the episode had both good and evil angels, so to speak.

I am really liking this show, I hope Greenwalt and Co. can keep it up.

3. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I didn't realize that she was dead until she walked down the hallway and it was a white light.

Some people can't see things that far ahead so no , the show isn't THAT predictable [​IMG]

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

It had a little of the "Come on!" factor at the end, but I still liked the episode.

5. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

The end was very disappointing to me. Not only has this been done before, but it was done in another recently cancelled show which dealt with the supernatural. And then there's a certain movie from which this was basically the same ending. It did catch me by surprise, though. I guess I should have taken her backlit white billowy top as an obvious clue.

However, I *really* appreciated the computer voice. It started off very neutral, and as the episode progressed, gained more and more (evil!) inflection. Very well done. Mr. Friendly was a real hoot, too!

Martin.

6. Martin Rendall

Oh, and I thought it was a bit of a cop out that what's his name could exise the entity while keeping the guy alive. Greenwalt basically had the opportunity to make a really hard decision work into the character's development, but chose to cop out at the last second.

Martin.

7. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

Martin,

What recently cancelled show and also movie are you talking about in your post? I like this supernatural stuff and nothing comes to mind off hand.

8. Martin Rendall

Ryan,

TV Series: "Haunted". New this season... cancelled this season. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0320028

Movie: The Sixth Sense
    . Spoilered as there could be somebody out there who still hasn't seen it.

Martin.

9. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

Martin,

Ah yes, ok thanks. The show I watched once or twice, so that didn't pop out at me, and I didn't really care for the movie, but you are right about that one as well.

10. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

I had a suspicion she was a ghost
    when the daughter and the Doc never talked to each other. She even mentioned to Paul that they had a bridge that could never be breached. I thought it was a neat touch when the spirit told the Doc to close his office door so they could talk. Mr. Friendly knew she was eavesdropping....

This show is great and last night's episode won my wife over completely. Next weeks ep looks creepy with that girl with the malformed head.
    (The writers couldn't let Alva kill the patient as he would have been charged with murder! Small concession to make but I agree with it. Could they have had him exorcise it another way?)

11. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

I'm wondering if the first few eps are being aired out of order, since Skeet makes reference to a couple of cases we haven't seen yet. Or are we to assume that these have been happening offscreen?

12. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

I don't know....I am getting the feel of early x-file type stuff......My wife and I picked it out that she was a ghost from the get go and that she had the disease.........The other episodes of the series I thought where a little more thought provoking and better played out.......We didn't like this one to much.....Hopefully the rest are better.....Over all we still like the show, we were just disappointed with last nights episode............. We do like the dark over tones of the show, hopefully it gets darker.......

R~

13. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I thought last nights show was very enjoyable.

As to the earlier question, I think the other "places they visit" are meant to be offscreen as if life goes on when the show isn't on [​IMG]

14. Martin Rendall

15. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

You have to love Mr.Friendly's one liners.

16. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Then we would have a murdering Father on our hands. Not good. I think it would give away too much if it showed him doing that this early. IMHO of course.

In a few weeks there is an episode called "Mr. Friendly" so it looks good for a rematch.

Cheers.