1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Miracle Mile coming to DVD in fullscreen only!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by SteveGon, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Actually "Escape..." WAS 16x9... just WAY too soft a transfer IMHO. And barebones...

I do agree that the whole multiple editions crap gets rather annoying but I will buy the new "Escape.." primarily for a better transfer. Extras will be nice too...

[​IMG] D

2. Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer Stunt Coordinator

3. Mehdy

Mehdy Stunt Coordinator

look the bottom line here is this disc the best it can be......NO......I would much perfer a matted/widescreen transfer with HIGHER resoultion....This picture is too important not to be done right...I just watched this movie on digital cable(about two and 1/2 times). I DONT WANT TO SEE A REPEAT OF THIS PRESENATION.....I WANT SOMETHING BETTER AND I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR IT......The laserdisc was crap( I bought it in a bargin bin for 5 bucks)...This 2003 with HD HERE TODAY...lets get real here...16x9 is the STANDARD...[​IMG]

4. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

5. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I'll be picking up Miracle Mile,simply because I'd rather have something to watch rather than nothing.

Also, there is a HUGE difference,IMHO,between this & EFNY. The former barely made a blip at the theatres - never mind on home video. Escape, at least, became something of a cult hit - that is why you are going to get a special edition.

As for Miracle Mile - it is what it is - a 80's dated flick about "The Big One" actually happening. I never got the VHS version, & while I do want OAR just as much as the next guy - just having this come out on DVD is enough for me.

Now where is The Day After & By Dawn's Early Light?

6. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

So 'popular' cult flicks deserve to be presented in OAR but lesser-known ones don't?

As a big fan of Miracle Mile, I simply refuse to financially support a truncated version. If MGM's plan is to release an OAR version based on the popularity of this new release - well they're nuts.

7. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Steve Gonzales
    Once again, what Scott said.

I'm surprised by all the replies this thread has received - I thought I was the only fan of this flick! [​IMG]

Now if only someone from MGM would read this...

8. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

9. Mehdy

Mehdy Stunt Coordinator

This movie is supposed to be released today...quesiton-
    how is the picture quality and sound quality in your opinion? Does the full screen edition picture resolution appear to be somewhat less a 16X9 mgm transfer?[​IMG]