What's new

International MINUSCULE: VALLEY OF THE LOST ANTS - 3D - European Blu-ray review (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This review is made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.com

Notes on my reviews: I do not offer plot summaries in most cases, as these can be found on a million other sites, but rather focus instead on what people want to know: the image and sound presentation, default playback settings, subtitles, audio choices, etc. My equipment: Panasonic TC-P55UT50 Plasma monitor (3-D capable); Panasonic DMP-BDT220 3-D Blu-ray player; LG BD-360 all-region Blu-ray player; Denon AVE-E200 5.1 Surround receiver. All aspect ratios are physically measured on the Panasonic screen, which has been set to eliminate overscan.

51OkucquaiL.jpg

MINUSCULE: VALLEY OF THE LOST ANTS (3D)

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Australia (Yeah, not European...)

REGION: All

ASPECT RATIO: 2.35:1

C/BW: Color

SOUND: dts 5.1

BONUS MATERIAL: None

COMPANY: Beyond

The U.S. has missed out on another highly-entertaining 3D entertainment. Like the first TURTLE'S TALE and T.S. SPIVIT, this is a terrific adventure that families can enjoy together, but which is available only from overseas.

This is a CGI animated film that is awfully simple in terms of its plot: a box of sugar is left behind at a picnic site, and two opposing colonies of ants fight bitterly to acquire it. But the wit and humor of the film negates any off-putting violence or warlike behavior in favor of strategy and ingenuity. Simply: a delight!

The Australian 3D Blu-ray release does not contain a 2D disc, or any other bonus features.

Picture quality is on par with any of the current 3D domestic releases. Very little ghosting was apparent on my Panny plasma, and occasional pop-effects were just fun as hell (although the film is mostly about depth). Sharp as a tack, fine black levels and contrast. The 5.1 dts soundtrack is simply awesome, with plenty of front and rear separation.

Highly recommended!!

This review was made possible with the help of www.DaaVeeDee.com

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
I guess there is strength in numbers. Got the title and enjoyed it. Very nice real life cinema photography. There are a few extras the show the care put into the film.....no dialog....unless you can understand antese. Nice.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I guess there is strength in numbers. Got the title and enjoyed it. Very nice real life cinema photography. There are a few extras the show the care put into the film.....no dialog....unless you can understand antese. Nice.
Yes, I didn't mention that the backgrounds are all real-life, and that only the ants are CGI, very nicely combined. Glad you liked it, Bob. It's a repeat-view for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks