Minority report outline effect??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Leemhuis, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit

For some reason when I checked out minority report on my Toshiba 24AF42 I noticed faces all has an "outline" to them. The face would end there would be a small area of background and then the a line in the same shape as the face. Can anyone think of why this would be occuring?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

How high do you have the "sharpness" control level on your Toshiba? You might want to consider reducing it at or close to "zero."

Since I haven't screened my copy of Minority Report yet I can't speak as to whether the transfer suffers from excessive edge enhancement.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I watched this on my antique 4x3 [​IMG] and noticed this- looks like the dreaded Edge Enhancement.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Minority report's video is .... different but intended to be this way. Probably just the film in your case, although a calibration done with a disk such as AVIA or Video Essentials will help reproduce what was intended.

5. Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh Supporting Actor

Shhh! Don't tell him what EE is! He'll never forgive us! [​IMG]

6. timothy quib

timothy quib Auditioning

I watched it last night and noticed faint black dots bouncing around. This happens with scenes with gray in it.Is this the way the movie was filmed or is it something else?