must be this keyboard i'm using that says "made in Ireland" :D
I stand corrected:)
2.35:1 it is.
I used to be a projectionist.......why dont I remember this stuff:D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I can't wait for this one! Hopefully they will get it out quicker than they did with AI.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Then they narrowed it down to 1:85, which IMHO was'nt the best of moves. That ratio is fine for something like Road Trip, but Jurassic Park..........how good would that movie have benifitted from being shot in scope.
The reason why Speilberg shot Jurassic Park in 1.85 is because it's taller than 2.35, and that it was better suited to convey the size of dinosaurs, and I am inclined to agree with him.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming that this is one disc, since it doesn't say anywhere anything about 2 discs. AI had a '2-disc' banner across the top; we may be looking at a bare-bones disc cover here. I was really wishing for this to be a full-blown special edition. I guess we may have to double dip with this title.

Nathan

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
any news on this? i'm still betting that it's not the final cover art, personally. i'm no longer saying that it's a fake or anything, just a working cover.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yeah, Dreamworks has to ugly it up with "GOLD EDITION" and huge review quotes ("RIP-ROARING SLAM-BANG OCTANE FILM EVENT!") and a big silver border.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I like it. Maybe could have down-scaled Cruise a bit and made the cover more atmospheric, but all in all it isn't bad.

Bruce

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I think that cover sucks. It in no way captures the feel of the movie. They need a more film noir, less Cruise-driven action film look. I think the best thing they could have put on the cover would be that shot of Cruise and Samantha Morton looking over each other's shoulders. Now THAT would've been a badass piece of cover art!
Regardless, it was my favorite movie of the year and I'll be purchasing it even if the cover had a naked man on stilts beating a small child with a floppy clown shoe. :D

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion the TEASER art is what better encapsulates the tone of the film. Plus, I love the reference to "justice is blind". Have a look:

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Hope this works (never done it before):b
Link Removed
Looks like they couldn't resist putting the Ebert seal of approval on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks