What's new

Minority Report - cover art (1 Viewer)

Tim RH

Second Unit
It looks almost definately to be from DreamWorks, not Fox. And I'm pretty sure it isn't a fake.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for the "two faces" (Cruise and the bald chick) but you can't have everything.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
The disc is indeed coming from DREAMWORKS. At least here in North America.
And, while I prefer the original theatrical teaser art, they're at least sticking with the original one-sheet. Here are both:

Brenton

Screenwriter
Looks great. While I won't be able to afford this one when it comes out (I've got a big list of other discs I have to buy, as well as a new home theater system) I will have it on my Christmas list. Great film, hopefully a great disc. (And who else here thinks that this is a good opportunity for Spielberg to do a commentary!)

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Brenton, your signature reminded me that it's worth pointing out that "MINORITY REPORT" is Spielberg's first 2.35:1 film in over a decade.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Hey Sam -

Um, no it's not "fake"... it's directly from Dreamworks/Universal. Why would I would post bogus cover art?? Do I really want zero credibility?

Declan

Second Unit
yeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa...
yep 2:35.............Why doesnt Speilberg shoot this way more often. It's much more cinematic and he is great at using the frame (check Jaws, CE3K and Indy triogy for e.g.).
Was looking forward to it for ages before it came out at the flicks..........and when it started and the curtains went back and the scope lens was changed on the projector..............well I was happy as a pig in.............:b :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
yep 2:35.............Why doesnt Speilberg shoot this way more often. It's much more cinematic and he is great at using the frame (check Jaws, CE3K and Indy triogy for e.g.).
What makes it more cinematic? And is it that he's inherently great at using the 2.40:1 frame, or is it that he saves using 2.35:1 for the projects where he needs the full 2.40:1 frame?

Declan

Second Unit
the fact that it's wider is what makes it more cinematic. Thats why people started going to the cinema all those years ago, because they made films in cinemascope. Then they narrowed it down to 1:85, which IMHO was'nt the best of moves. That ratio is fine for something like Road Trip, but Jurassic Park..........how good would that movie have benifitted from being shot in scope. Saving Private Ryan as well, but I can see the argument that in order to make the Omaha Beech sequence clostraphobic that they would have needed the narrower aspect ratio.
But which do you guys prefer. When I (personally) watch a film at the cinema in Scope I feel that I am getting more for my money as the screen is wider. But that is just my opinon. I am glad Michael bay is at the minute shooting Bad Boys 2 in scope instead of 1:85 (cause I loved the first one, think not many of the rest of you did though:D) Disscuss if you will.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Thats why people started going to the cinema all those years ago, because they made films in cinemascope.
People started going to the cinema "all those years ago" long before the advent of cinemascope. Cinemascope has only been around for about half as long as cinema itself, so I see nothing inherently "cinematic" about the wider format. The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, Gone With The Wind, and any other number of innumerable classics represent the very definition of "cinema" in the minds of many viewers, so to call them non-cinematic due to their narrower AR seems a bit off the mark to me.
DJ

Declan

Second Unit
oh and..............2:40..........or 2:35.......why dont they just get the aspect ratio right on some DVD's/lasersdics. Titanic was'nt 2:30 from where I was sitting. Looked more 2:35. Dances with wolves DTS...2:45-50.

Star Wars SpEd 2:20 more like.

Declan

Second Unit
sorry......should have said "people were drawn from their Tv's BACK to the cinema Because of Cinemascope"

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
oh and..............2:40..........or 2:35.......why dont they just get the aspect ratio right on some DVD's/lasersdics. Titanic was'nt ":30 from where I was sitting. Looked more 2:35. Dances with wolves DTS...2:45-50.
Star Wars SpEd 2:20 more like.
Your varied experiences are due to variations in the projection by the theatre you were in. The proper theatrical exhibition AR of Star Wars is 2.39:1, period.
DJ

Declan

Second Unit
Sorry, I was on about the home versions of the movies above.

The laserdisc of Star Wars SpEd is not the original AR of 2:39.........it is more 2:20, maybe even 2:10.

Declan

Second Unit
sorry Damin.......apologiseing alot today :D
you know for somebody who does'nt like violence I get hit alot :D :D :D

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Oh cool, I going to get this one as well. Want it so much, I already added the picture (thank you Dave) to my weird website signture (it not a DVD site).

Brenton

Screenwriter
Hey, Declan, sorry to nitpick, but when you denote an aspect ratio as 2:35 (for example), that says "two to thirty-five". It should be 2.35:1 (two point three five to one).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks