Minor problem

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Kevin Bolton, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Kevin Bolton

Kevin Bolton Auditioning

I recently built a house with a dedicated home theater - I'm using a Toshiba mt800 dlp projector, Denon 3805 receiver, Sony 400 dvd changer, Directv HD receiver, and an Xbox is also used for games and single DVD playback. My problem is no matter which media source I watch, I occasionally get a Picture Freeze or "Jump" which only lasts a micro second but is none the less distracting. This may happen once in 30 minutes or has been noticed 3 or 4 times within 15 minutes. I have experienced this kind of effect a few years ago with just a dvd playing, but now it even happens with Directv. I welcome any and all suggestions as I have a substantial investment and don't know where to start to remedy this problem. HELP!!
    Thanks, Kevin

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Are all sources wired diretly to the PJ? My initial instinct is this PJ (of which I am not familiar) is DLP so it has a fixed panel, so it usuae an onboard scaler and deinterlacer. It's possible that while scaling/deinterlacing signals it's jumping now and again (likely it is auto-detecting cadence to do pull down, and is missing a beat for some reason).

This is common on some scaling devices, especially if the auto detect is slow on the uptake. You might try some searching on various AV forums about this model of projector and see if anyone else has reported this issue.

\V

3. Kevin Bolton

Kevin Bolton Auditioning

Thanks for the info Vince - I have all inputs going into my Denon AV receiver via component and then out from the receiver to the projector also via component cable. I think I'll try to narrow the problem by disconnecting everything and hook up 1 device at a time directly to the projector - process of elimination!! Thanks for taking the time to post a reply!!

Kevin