What's new

Minor pet peeve, but why is stuck at the top of the speaker board? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
EDIT: The thread title should read, "Minor pet peeve, but why is this thread stuck at the top of the speaker board?"
Why is Obi's DIY thread stuck at the top of the Speakers and Subwoofers board? This is the thread to which I am referring:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=61415
Since it is locked, we can't participate in it, so it seems to me that it is just taking up space. I don't mean to be harsh, but I don't see why a locked thread that is not an announcement from Parker or Ron should be stuck at the top. Why not just let it drop out like all other locked threads? It's a minor pet peeve I admit, but I am curious as to why this was done.
I realize that this thread was moved to the DIY area. So, people can contribute to the thread there and it should drop down the Speakers and Subwoofers board. Gee, none of my threads, locked or open, get locked in at the top like that. ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
It's stuck so people wouldn't complain why they cannot find it (closed threads sink very rapidly) and to enable them to find the proper thread more easily.

Cees

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Cees,
Thanks. Makes sense.
To all Moderators,
Sorry for this thread. I'm not helping matters. I know you guys must feel like you can't win sometimes. You lock a thread at the top so that people won't complain that they can't find it. Then some moron like me comes along and complains anyway. Figures. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks