Minnesota has joined the civilized world!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_M, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Patrick_M

Patrick_M Stunt Coordinator

We now have Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!!! [​IMG] We are now a part of the modern world!!! Yippee!!!! (Does incredibly happy Krispy Kreme super break dance in front of computer) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Ohhhhhhh those sour cream old fashion doughnuts hot out of the oven. [​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Janna S

Janna S Second Unit

I have never had one - we don't have them up here. The next time I get back to MN to visit family I will try one. Where is the store?

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I've only had Krispy Kreme donuts because of a friend of my uncle's bringing some back from out west. Up here in New Hampshire we only have Honey Dew and Dunkin Donuts, msybe one or two other chains, but no Krispy Kreme.

5. Patrick_M

The one here in the twin cities is in Maple Grove, but another one is opening up in the mall of america sometime later this year. Currently, there is a three hour wait in the drive through to get doughnuts, and people are parking at the strip mall across the street and taking trams over to get in line to go in.....ain't life great? [​IMG]

6. Keith Enright

Keith Enright Auditioning

Not to get picky, but there was a Krispy Kreme in Richfield, MN from the 50's to the 70's.

So Maple Grove ain't the first, but I'm glad there back!!!

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I had KK for the first time this weekend actually.. I went to indianapolis IN to pick up a bike and grabbed a dozen hot original glazed on the way home, to be honest I wasn't all that impressed [​IMG]

8. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

I wonder if there will be as much Twin Cities media coverage of the second coming. I swear there was live helicopter footage from all five stations' news broadcasts on this stupid store opening.

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I noticed the Krispy Kreme around here are often located near the office of a law enforcement agency. Hummmm....

10. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson

11. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

We just got our Krispy Kremes last year. I made the mistake of first trying their assorted doughnuts and thought there was nothing special about them.

Then I had their signature glazed... I ate about 7 of them in one sitting.

Thats all this town needs. We're literally the fattest state in the union already with cheese, beer, and sausage.. now you bring us doughnuts!

12. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I saw that they had a big story on KK coming to town on the morning show (Kare 11, if you know MSP) .... though it looks like all the channels had stories. (Madness anyone)

Are hey THAT good??? It seems like madness to me.

Anyway I've got DSL in a small town.... now if I could only get HDTV w/o buying a dish...

Brian

13. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

I don't understand the hype. I had some last year down in Des Moines while visiting my sister at school. They're good, but certainly not better than any donut I've ever had. People seem to think they're better than sex, or something. Pretty strange.

I can't wait until the Mall of America location opens, as if that place isn't busy enough as it is. Fortunatly I don't need to go there very often.

14. Patrick_M

That is true, Keith, there was a Krispy Kreme in Richfield. However, they were not associated with the immortal, better than sex (in some cases [​IMG]) Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I have the cable modem here in Plymouth, so broadband is making its way around town, so we will be paradise soon. [​IMG]

15. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

16. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Patrick,

I wonder if the Krispy Kreme in the MOA will be at the sight of the current Betty Crocker donut stand on the ground floor next to the Lego place. Those donuts were delicious especially the twist with chocolate icing. They are also very BIG.

17. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

All this talk of donuts is making me hungry and jealous.

I'm stuck up in St. Cloud, MN with no way of getting down to Maple Grove to try and get a Krispy Kreme.

18. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    My wife was at the Mall of America on Tuesday and she said the Krispy Kreme shop is on the 3rd floor next to the rotunda.

19. MickeS

MickeS Producer

We don't have Krispy Kreme here in Tucson, but I read in the paper a while ago that one might open here... across the street from our subdivision. I have never had one, but if they're as good as people say, that would disastrous for my health, I think. [​IMG]
    /Mike

20. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    My favourites are the glazed doughnuts when they are still warm. 3 bites and they are gone. I have one about 2km (1 mile for ya'll yanks) from where I work and 10km from where I live.