Ministry - Incase You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jon B NY, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Jon B NY

Jon B NY Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure if there are many Metal/Industrial fans here at the Home Theater Forum but if you are, I bet you already know I'm about to say.

So has anyone seen this documentary of Ministry's 1989 tour? It was a very important tour for Industrial music. What came from it are some important bands (well..important for Industrial music [​IMG] ) such as Pigface and Nine Inch Nails.

So anyways, the video documentary of this tour was avilable for years and is now out of print. Any fans know if its coming to DVD?

I'd love to talk to some Industrial fans out there...if there's any around here [​IMG]

Well either way, thanks for reading and thanks for the imput.

2. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I have the CD for this and it is one my favorite live albums. I've never seen the video and would buy it in a heartbeat. I highly doubt that it's very high on the release list priority w/ Ministry's lack of good output for close to a decade now.

3. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

If Warner ever had any intention of releasing it they had the chance when they put out the Tapes of Wrath compilation out. Now that Ministry and Warners have parted ways I am not holding my breath for a release of this. I have it on laser disc and it looks like that is all I'll ever have.

Thier newest one Animositisomina is not that bad. Al got angry again and it blows everything since Psalm 69 away. The live Sphinctour dvd was pretty cool too. One camera the whole time.

--Ian

4. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I seriously doubt WB would go to the trouble of releasing this since, like Ian said, Ministry's no longer on their label. Unfortunately, I don't think WB would be willing to cough up the rights to someone else so a DVD could be done either. Sad, as with Al getting the rights to everything he ever did for Wax Trax! back from TVT, he could go back into the vaults, dig up all the excised footage (e.g. the Lard mini-set, the Pailhead songs, and the RevCo songs) and do a completely new version of the video with all the material included for the first time. I know I'd buy it.

Personally, I'm holding out hope that Al will do a DVD reissue of the RevCo "You Goddamned Son of a Bitch" live video. I've been watching a third generation copy of it for years now and I'd love to have it in a format that would not fall apart due to overwatching.

5. DeeAnn

DeeAnn Extra

I have it on VHS (it's pretty worn out now). Haven't heard anything about a DVD release. I would love to see it on DVD with any extra stuff like Michael mentions (and it they could toss any Murder, Inc. in there too, if it exists, that'd be fantastic, though I don't remember if it's included in the Wax Trax! library).

BTW- I went to the second Pigface show (I actually always thought it was the first until I checked on someone's site) in 1991 at The Edge in Palo Alto. I remember it being a word of mouth show and not finding out about it until about 4:30 that afternoon. My husband called me at work and asked "How soon can we get there?" (we live a few hours away). Suddenly I took "ill",[​IMG] and had to leave work early, pick him up and haul a** only to get stuck on the Bay Bridge for a while (traffic). We made it *just* as they were starting. It was great.

On a sadder note I found out the Damage Manual played in SF (couple of years ago) the day *after* the show...

6. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

This wouldn't matter. WB released a DVD of their videos a year or so ago, long after they left WB.

I was fortunate enough to spend a few days with Al last summer and I'd have to say he has one of the most creative minds of anyone I've ever met. A true musical genius.

The last record was indeed a return to the sound of Psalm 69, and is definitely worth owning.

Jeff

7. Vic Cordova

Vic Cordova Agent

filth pig and dark side of the spoon own, seriously...

is the tapes of wrath dvd any good? i haven't seen al's videos...

8. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Actually the Tapes of Wrath DVD was released in 2000 after the 1999 release of Dark Side of the Spoon. In 2001 WB released the Greatest Fits CD. Then Ministry joined up with Sanctuary Records in late 2001.

-Ian

9. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

I love "Filth Pig". That's the sound of your nightmares right there. Can't understand why so many people dislike it. My favourite is still "Psalm 69" though.[​IMG]

10. DeeAnn

DeeAnn Extra

Anyone besides me like "Twitch"? [​IMG] Although my favorite is 'The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste'.

11. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I adore "Twitch." Probably my third favorite Ministry disc, behind "Rape and Honey" and "Mind." When I first heard it (my first exposure to Ministry was the live version of "Stigmata" on the live CDEP), I hated it, but over the years, I've just become smitten with it. They actually played "We Believe" at some dates on their tour last summer, but unfortunately it wasn't played at the show I was at (my head would have exploded since they hadn't played any "Twitch" material since 1987).

Oh, and one other note: Murder Inc. is, as far as I know, still owned by Invisible in Chicago. The Wax Trax! stuff Al (and Paul, even though he has sadly left the band) is the Revolting Cocks, Acid Horse, Blackouts, 1000 Homo DJs, Lead Into Gold, PTP, the old Ministry 12" singles, and Pailhead. No word on if/when these will be reissued.

12. DeeAnn

DeeAnn Extra

My first exposure was (I think) 'Everyday is Halloween' (the single). The first time I heard "Land" I was thinking both huh?and "Yeah!".

I really, really liked Pailhead (and still do). Now I have "No Bunny" stuck in my head.

13. Jon B NY

DeeAnn, that's an amazing Pigface story! Can you remember the lineup? Sucks that you mised Damage Manual although. When I saw Pigface last year they opened with Snset Gun...such a great Damage Manual track.

Michael - Good call onthe RevCo godamed son of a bitch DVD. I wish that would happen...but (!) there is a chance because Al is doing RevCo again in the the summer. Mayb he'd release it to get people going about them again.

Personally, my favorite Ministry album is Psalm and my favorite song by them is Everyday is Halloween. It's so synthpop, it's fantastic!

Any of you guys like other Industrial bands besides Ministry and Pigface? My favorite band is KMFDM. [​IMG]

And for you Pigface fans...they released two DVD's last year. One documenting the 2002 United Tour and a 2 disc set containing their documentaries "Glitch" and "Son of a Glitch". You can find them on Amazon (I'd post the link, but I'm new to HTF, so it won't let me post links yet).

I definitely reccomend them!

14. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Have you picked up the KMFDM Beat by Beat by Beat DVD? That is a great disc. I need to get the Sturm & Drang disc next. As far as other industrial bands go I like Front 242 and Laibach. Good stuff.

--Ian

15. Jon B NY

Ian - Yes I got both of their DVDs. This summer they plan to release a WWIII DVD documenting the tour. I was there! :-D :-D It rocked.

16. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

Psalm 69 got me through 3 semesters of Calculus.