Ministry - House Of The Mole....

Discussion in 'Music' started by Andrew Bunk, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Just had to say that I am really digging this disc. Easily the best thing they've done since Psalm 69. Animositisomina was a definite improvement over Dark Side Of The Spoon, but Houses... has all the attitude and creativity of the early 90's stuff along with some surprisingly melodic songs.

Anyone who has given up on Ministry should give this CD a look.

2. AricB

AricB Second Unit

my buddy is supposed to be getting me a copy. looking forward to hearing it. while their recent albums havent been great, the live shows have remained good.

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

yup...i already have my ticket for the sept. 13 show at the house of blues in new orleans. they're even touring with my life with the thrill kill kult. should be a killer show!

kevin t

4. AricB

AricB Second Unit

still waiting on my copy... that's aweesom, I've always wanted to see TKK. hopefully they'll be returning to chicago soon.

5. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

mole shit!!! hanzeul und gretyl have signed on for the tour. this will be a kick as show, no doubt!!!

kevin t

6. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Very nice.

BTW: I really like Animositisomina, too.

FYI: There's a new Skinny Puppy CD out. But I have to say, it's not very good. I think that most traditional Puppy fans will be disappointed.

On the other hand, there's also a new Front Line Assembly CD out (Civilization) which I think is very good.

TKK is one of my favourite bands, but it did take a downward turn at the time Thomas Thorn left. I wonder if the tour will come by my area... I saw TKK during the Confessions tour. They had problems at the border, and started around 11:30pm, if I recall correctly. To make up, they played for upwards of 3 hours. Incredible show. The next time they came by, a Bomb Gang Girl brushed past me. Woo hoo!

Martin.

7. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Forgive me for going a little off-topic, but I have a question about Al Jourgenson...

Remember that "I Love The 80s Again" thread I've been working on, and how I listed Al Jourgenson as one of my dream commentators? My brother says he doesn't like to talk about many things outside of the band (with the exception of several things board decorum permits us from discussing). Is it true he wouldn't do these programs? I saw him on VH1 Classic's premeire of "The Alternative", and he seemed pretty jovial for a balls-to-the-wall industrial titan.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Speaking of my list, I have some updating to do (Yes, it's coming back!)

8. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

martin:

i saw skinny puppy a few months ago at the house of blues. i thought that cd was pretty kick ass, but then i also really liked the process. i don't think i'm a "die hard" puppy fan though. they did put on a great show that even impressed my non-industrial listening girlfriend and her friends. in re to animositisomina....did you buy the dvd-a of this disc. i liked it but the sphinctour dvd-a was better in my opinion.

kevin t

9. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Hi Kevin,

I didn't mean to imply bad things about those who like the new one. [​IMG] I suspect that the CD will grow on me... music that takes time to grow on one is often the most powerful and lasting. Take My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless", for example. But it's not that it's bad. It's just not the same vibe that Puppy had for so many years. The same would be true of "The Process".

Yes, I have the DVD-A for Animositisomina (as well as the CD), and Sphinctour DVD-Video (there's not DVD-A, is there?). Very nice stuff.

I wish Ministry would release the "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" concert video on DVD. I have it on VHS, and can only dream of it in glorious DVD with (hope to dream) PCM audio. Biafra is a hoot on that.

Another highlight of Ministry concert-going was actually seeing them at Lollapalooza in Barrie Ontario. It was pretty awesome when the girls of Lush played along for "So What".

Does anybody know what happend to Paul Barker? Why isn't he playing on the House of the Mole?

Martin.

10. AricB

AricB Second Unit

me too.

yes there is a sphinctour dvd-a, as well as video. as far as surround mixes go, animositisomina is much better, since its studio. but sphictour is ok, mostly ambient and crowd noise in the rears if i remember.

yeah, what happened to paul barker? cant imagine so what will be the same without his super fat bass line. [​IMG]