What's new

Miniature stero amp/receiver? (1 Viewer)

MattDL

Auditioning
I have a pair of Paradigm on-wall Mini-Monitors, and I am looking for an amp or receiver to drive them that doesn't take up alot of space. Ideally, it should be less than 9 inches wide and 4 inches tall, but the smaller the better. The power should be in the 30 to 60 Watt range (into 8 ohms). The only control I need is volume adjustment. The input will be from a PC sound card, so all other audio adjustments can be made from the PC.

Does such a device exist? I have Googled 'miniature stereo amplifier' and only came up with some piece of crap RCA that puts out like 5W.

Thanks in advance oh wise A/V gurus.

MattDL

Auditioning
I have a pair of Paradigm on-wall Mini-Monitors, and I am looking for an amp or receiver to drive them that doesn't take up alot of space. Ideally, it should be less than 9 inches wide and 4 inches tall, but the smaller the better. The power should be in the 30 to 60 Watt range (into 8 ohms). The only control I need is volume adjustment. The input will be from a PC sound card, so all other audio adjustments can be made from the PC.

Does such a device exist? I have Googled 'miniature stereo amplifier' and only came up with some piece of crap RCA that puts out like 5W.

Thanks in advance oh wise A/V gurus.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Hey, that RCA, formerly Realistic and Optimus-branded, is not bad for background music.

Depends on your budget, TEAC makes the
AH-500 stereo integrated amp in their Reference 500 series. The British hi-fi press love it.

If you want to go full separates, then Parasound offers the Zamp compact power amp and the matching P/HP-850 stereo pre-amp.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Hey, that RCA, formerly Realistic and Optimus-branded, is not bad for background music.

Depends on your budget, TEAC makes the
AH-500 stereo integrated amp in their Reference 500 series. The British hi-fi press love it.

If you want to go full separates, then Parasound offers the Zamp compact power amp and the matching P/HP-850 stereo pre-amp.

MattDL

Auditioning
Thanks, that Teac seems to be just what I was looking for. However, I can't find any reputable online retailers for it (JR doesn't sell it online). Some place called 'Brandnamez.com' has it for $300, but they have awful reviews. Does anyone know a reputable online dealer that sells this unit in the $300 range?

So, there shouldn't be any problems using this amp to drive a pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors with a PC sound card as the source?

Thanks

MattDL

Auditioning
Thanks, that Teac seems to be just what I was looking for. However, I can't find any reputable online retailers for it (JR doesn't sell it online). Some place called 'Brandnamez.com' has it for $300, but they have awful reviews. Does anyone know a reputable online dealer that sells this unit in the $300 range?

So, there shouldn't be any problems using this amp to drive a pair of Paradigm Mini-Monitors with a PC sound card as the source?

Thanks

MattDL

Auditioning
The Sherbourn looks nice too. Same problem as the TEAC though: it's impossible to find reputable retailers selling it for a reasonable price.

MattDL

Auditioning
I'm still stuck with this. Can anyone provide a link to a reputable reseller that is actually selling either the Teac or Sherbourn (or other similar product yet to be listed).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks