Miniature House in Christmas Vacation

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jim Dalton, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I would love to get that miniature house they feature in the movie Christmas Vacation.

Does anyone know who deals in such an item?

Jim

2. James Zubb

James Zubb Stunt Coordinator

The house where they open the doors and windows counting down the days? That is called an Advent Calendar. I don't know where you can get one like that (it is a nice one), most I have seen are cheap paper ones. I think they originated in Germany so maybe one of the German HTF members could help out? I hope that at least helps the search.

3. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

If you have any Christmas specialty shops around you, try there. I saw one locally a few years ago that was kind of similar, but rather pricey. I believe it was around $350-400. I'd like a nice Advent Calendar for the kids, but that was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

A bit off topic, but Lego used to release an Advent Calendar (although I don't think they referred to it as an Advent Calendar). Each door hid a Christmas-themed Lego mini-set. It cost around $20, and my son loved it.

4. Jim Dalton

Jim Dalton Stunt Coordinator

That was one of those terms that escaped me at the time. [​IMG]

I've been looking but to no avail for a good advent house and am toying with the idea of building one myself. I figure this will be a many-months project but if I get the wife involved, it will be something we do together.

Judging by the links I've found thus far on the web, I am not the only one looking for this item.

Thanks for the repsonses.[​IMG]

5. Nick Totoro

Nick Totoro Stunt Coordinator

Try a religious bookstore, probably a Catholic bookstore in particular. If there is something local to you (can't imagine there isn't one with all those Irish and Italians in your neck of the woods), take a look and see what they have.

Nick

6. jacquiinsc

jacquiinsc Auditioning

I know this post is older but if any of you are still looking for a Replica of the "Christmas Vacation" Advent House - Check this site: ChristmasAdventHouse.com

The House costs $595.00 plus actual shipping cost. It's made with real brick and mortar.

Hope this helps.
    Jacqueline