What's new

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Title: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Tagline: Yule crack up.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik

Cast: Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis, Johnny Galecki, John Randolph, Diane Ladd, E.G. Marshall, Doris Roberts, Randy Quaid, Miriam Flynn, Cody Burger, Ellen Hamilton Latzen, William Hickey, Mae Questel, Sam McMurray, Nicholas Guest, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Nicolette Scorsese, Keith MacKechnie, Brian Doyle-Murray, Natalija Nogulich, Tony Epper, Billy Hank Hooker, Alexander Folk, Jeremy Roberts, Woody Weaver, Michael Kaufman, Doug Llewelyn, Devin Bailey, Frank Foti Jr., Traci Kochendorfer

Release: 1989-11-30

Runtime: 97

Plot: It's Christmastime, and the Griswolds are preparing for a family seasonal celebration. But things never run smoothly for Clark, his wife Ellen, and their two kids. Clark's continual bad luck is worsened by his obnoxious family guests, but he manages to keep going, knowing that his Christmas bonus is due soon.

My wife and I would love to get that miniature house they feature in the movie Christmas Vacation.

Does anyone know who deals in such an item?

Jim

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
The house where they open the doors and windows counting down the days? That is called an Advent Calendar. I don't know where you can get one like that (it is a nice one), most I have seen are cheap paper ones. I think they originated in Germany so maybe one of the German HTF members could help out? I hope that at least helps the search.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
If you have any Christmas specialty shops around you, try there. I saw one locally a few years ago that was kind of similar, but rather pricey. I believe it was around $350-400. I'd like a nice Advent Calendar for the kids, but that was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

A bit off topic, but Lego used to release an Advent Calendar (although I don't think they referred to it as an Advent Calendar). Each door hid a Christmas-themed Lego mini-set. It cost around $20, and my son loved it.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
That was one of those terms that escaped me at the time. :)

I've been looking but to no avail for a good advent house and am toying with the idea of building one myself. I figure this will be a many-months project but if I get the wife involved, it will be something we do together.

Judging by the links I've found thus far on the web, I am not the only one looking for this item.

Thanks for the repsonses.:emoji_thumbsup:

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
Try a religious bookstore, probably a Catholic bookstore in particular. If there is something local to you (can't imagine there isn't one with all those Irish and Italians in your neck of the woods), take a look and see what they have.

Nick

jacquiinsc

Auditioning
Real Name
Jacqueline
I know this post is older but if any of you are still looking for a Replica of the "Christmas Vacation" Advent House - Check this site: ChristmasAdventHouse.com

The House costs $595.00 plus actual shipping cost. It's made with real brick and mortar.

Hope this helps.
Jacqueline

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks