What's new

Mini Review: EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
EaseUS Data Recovery is software aimed at helping you recover lost data on your hard drive. It's dead simple to use, and is favored by many IT professionals and home users alike. The free version allows recovery of up to 500MB of data, which is somewhat limited but may work well for many home users in an emergency.

To use the software, you need to download and install it from the EaseUS website.

Upon opening, you will be presented with a list of storage devices in your computer, including any hard drives, external drives or partitions on your drives. Clicking on one of these will begin a scan, which will show you both existing and deleted files in a simple tree view like the screenshot below shows:

upload_2019-6-5_7-11-19.png

To recover a deleted file or group of files, you simply check the box next to the file in question, and click Recover.

Clicking Recover will open a prompt to choose the recovery destination. It's important that you recover to a different drive from the one you are scanning, as data may be overwritten during recovery and that may prevent recovering more files. In this case, I chose my D drive.​

upload_2019-6-5_7-14-12.png

Click OK, and the files will be restored and a new Windows Explorer window will open, already pointed to the recovered data.

upload_2019-6-5_7-19-13.png
As you can see, this is a piece of software so simple that even writing a review is easy! I highly recommend this tool for anyone looking for a simple way to recover those accidentally deleted files.

HTF members interested in purchasing the Professional edition of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can enjoy a 50% off discount by using this link.

emiliasingle

Auditioning
Real Name
Emilia
Thank you for sharing this software. I was just looking for something like this since my laptop crashed. I have tried many other options, but they didn’t help, and I’m almost desperate. I live far away from any town and will be able to go to one only in two weeks. So, this data recovery software might save my life since I had a lot of working data on my laptop.
Could you suggest to me also a good computer repair shop in Texas? If I don’t manage to do it myself and will seek help, this is the case. Something not expensive and reliable.
Thank you for the answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks