What's new

Mini Rant: 8 Mile and The Osbournes Censored (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
See The Osbournes thread...bleeping is an option with the uncensored version anyway. Too bad they didn't print that on the package (at least, it's not on the Canadian package). Agree that bleeping can be funny, but too much wears as quickly as too much swearing. Having the choice is nice though.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Craig, our Walmart here in Cornwall, Ontario, refuses to carry the uncensored version. I mistakenly purchased the censored version from them and had to return it. There was a HUGE pile of returned Osbournes dvds at the customer service desk. I guess everybody wanted the uncensored version here. I had to buy mine at Zellers. The censored Osbournes will be the last DVD I buy at Walmart.

Marc.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I tried watching it both ways, first with bleeps and then without. No contest: uncensored version is quite funnier.
I absolutely agree. I applaud Disney for including BOTH on the Uncensored version, but after comparing them, it's a hell of a lot funnier to hear the bleeps than people swearing constantly...just IMHO.

8 MILE is a curiosity, but is it any different than how Paramount and John Badham re-cut SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER down to a PG the year after its release to appeal to young Travolta fans who just saw GREASE?

As long as the original version IS available, I suppose I don't have a problem with it...it's all to capitalize on Eminem's popularity with younger viewers.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hey Marc,

Interestingly enough, for 8 Mile, the two local Wal-Marts I went to (one was already sold out for today, couldn't find their backup stock) said they were not carrying the *censored* version at all...maybe they learnt. At Cdn$19 (US$12.50) I'm not surprised they sold a lot. I noticed they had tons of the censored Osbournes left; they also had relatively few of the uncensored ones even on release day, but probably a lot of people had already bought them as I tend to go late at night.

Either the market is speaking, or I live in an even lower class area than I had suspected...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks