What's new

Mini-HT? (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
I'm new to Home theater.. I found this mini HT on ebay, for a pretty cheap price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1371917510
It looks perfect for a smaller room. Here are the technicalities:
---------------------------
This Dolby Digital/DTS ready compact cube home theater system from eAudio consists of 5 speakers (each with 2.5" driver), 1 subwoofer (5.5" driver), and 1 central receiver / amplifier which powers all 6 channels (build in with center speaker).
*Total power output is true 60 watts (peak music power output reaches 2000W).
*Ideal for DVD audio support for DVD player with or without decoder, game machines (PS2, XBox, DreadCast, GameCube), computer or bedroom stereo.
*All necessary cables are included and fits both home audio jacks (RCA) or stereo jack (GameBoy, portable CD player, computer etc.).
*Powered by 9V/1500mA AC adapter (included).
*Wall hanging capability with regular screw slot at the back of all speakers.
System can also be used with TV, CD/VCD/DVD player. You get virtual surround by connecting to the front channel input (stereo) only. This way all 6 channels will be powered.
------------------------
My question is, does it look like a quality set? Are these difficult to hook, and set up? I'd hate to receive it only to find out that it's way over my head.
Thanks for any help.. I hope I posted this in the right forum.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
This looks like a cheap set of computer speakers. Not very good quality, nor really good for HT.

(Hint: look for the word "ready" - this implies there is something big missing.)

Search for "Kenwood HTB". The 503/504/505 units (receiver + speakers) have a much better reputation. Granted, they are in the $400 price range, but you get all the toys and a much more typical HT system. (I've set up 2 of these for friends).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks