What's new

Mind of the Married Man - HBO (1 Viewer)

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Happened to catch some of this show for the first time after the season premier of The Sopranos on Sunday night and was intrigued. It looks like a good show (are there any bad shows on HBO?) and the wife on the show is absolutely gorgeous. I've never seen her before. Anyone know more about her? Maybe I just have a weakness for females with English accents, because her and Elizabeth Hurley, WOW! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
If anyone out there followed the first season, what are your impressions?

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
MOTMM basically paints the main character as a person in turmoil, constantly thinking with his you know what and being presented as a basically unhappy married person.

At the end of last season, he followed through on a variety of near-affairs (Missy, his secretary that was assigned by the boss to the style section, for example), and ended up up getting a 'happy ending' from a massage person. He is now attempting to repaint himself for his misdeeds and act differently. Just a matter of time before that blows up on him and he reverts to his old ways.

A show that many do not like, but I enjoy it, as I seem to with most HBO shows... It isn't nearly in the same league as the Sopranos, The Wire or even Sex in the City, I put it more on the same quality level as Curb your Enthusiasm and/or Arl$ss.

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand this show at all. You've got this little nebbish who makes good money and is married to a gorgeous Brit but he walks around with a puss on his face the whole time. What's his trauma and who cares? The characters on Sex and the City have recognizable human traits and take some joy in life. Watching this little twerp whine to his wife about anal sex was the opposite of entertainment for me.

HBO has some great shows but has a hard time admitting their mistakes.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto David,

The little twerp should count his blessings that that gorgeous woman even gives him the time of day!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've watched this show since the beginning, and to me it's always been about a guy who's been married for awhile and who's getting bored in his marriage. I'm not married, but I can see this happening. You can tire of just about anything after awhile.
Do I think it's wrong of him to pursue these fantasies, yes. Do I think it's abnormal, no.
He loves his wife (as the song in the opening credits indicates), but he's a weak man, and it's obviously hard for him to subdue these urges about other women, but he's trying. He knows he's doing wrong, and in the end that's what will save him I think.
It doesn't help either that his friends are a bunch of women chasing jerks basically, especially Jake. Micky should stay as far away from that guy as humanly possible if he expects to keep his feet on the ground.
I must disagree about 'Sex and the City', I find those four woman to be FAR too cynical, especially Kim Catrall's charactor, all she ever wants to do is get laid. That show is pointless to me, because it seems that those woman don't even possess the ability to be happy with anyone.
'TMOTMM' is a really underrated show, it sheds light on something that I think a lot of married men go through at one time or another during their marriage. I mean come on fellas, tell me you havn't at least looked at another fine female besides your wife. Sure you have, and if you say you havn't your lying. ;)
That said, if it were me, I would find it PAINFULLY hard not to go a round or two with Missy, she's a fricken fox!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jalil

Stunt Coordinator
what are you guys talking about? Even the most beautiful women in the world is with a man who is tired of sleeping with her..
beautiful is nice at first.. but after a while its all the same..

this show is great.. sounds like some jealous people in here....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks