Mimic 2- Incredible sound!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Carra, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Marc Carra

Marc Carra Supporting Actor

I rented Mimic 2 tonight, fully expecting a mediocre sequel. I was right for the most part, but was blown away by the quality of the DVD. Pure reference material. The 5.1 soundtrack is the most enveloping I have heard in a while, with some good deep bass to boot. The sound quality took the movie to a level that it would not have even been close to achieving without. Just about every scene is demo quality. Even the final credits have something if you wait till the very end. The movie itself boasted some pretty decent special effects. A worthy rental if you liked Mimic. If I can find it cheap enough I may just have to purchase this one. The sound is that good!

Marc.

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I just might have to give this one a rent. I just wish that they would at least reissue an SE of the original one though.

3. David Ruiz

David Ruiz Second Unit

I agree with Marc, 100% on this. True Reference sound quality! Totally amazing! The movie itself, was pretty boring, but the audio quality is simply amazing. The surround is in use the entire time!

4. Anthony R

Anthony R Stunt Coordinator

Who would ever have thought? [​IMG]

5. John O

John O Stunt Coordinator

The original Mimic was no slouch either. I remember seeing it in a theater and being amazed at the sound. The DTS LD is reference quality. Looks like I will be renting the sequel.