What's new

Miltary aircrash crash info research (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey folks, one of my hobbies in the hiking/backpacking pursuits I enjoy is finding old plane wrecks in the catskills. One particular one I am really prized now is finding a very obscure plane wreck on a particular mtn and since not many folks have seen it, the wreckage is fairly intact in that I can make out the impact crater and the physics agrees with what I see as the impact zone.

Anyway, from the pictures I've found, I've found the following data on it and was wondering if any of you military buffs can point out to me a good military aviation site where I might be able to find the story behind this plane. I've seen Civilian FAA databases that has the accident reports on other wrecks but this was military so they wont be in the database... I have a lot of information on it that I don't feel should be publicized for respect of the site. But suffice to say I have the following information on the plane:

Manufacturer and model
the tail number
the actual serial number of the plane
An almost complete picture of the squadron "mascot"
A plate that has the manufacturer date and this data matches with information about the twin turbined jet that I was able to find online, it matchs the time period in which this jet was being made.

So, I have a lot of information as to the particular plane and it has matched all the info I've found online such that I am certain I know the Make and Model and I have good info on the actual particular plane itself.

Any good military aviation sites I could ask if anybody knows the particular?

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hi Mary, I know CChayden and some of the info on his website is from me, in particular the blurb about the two planes on Van Wyck, one of them is a Lockheed T-33a jet trainer (the other is civilian cessna type aircraft) and the one that is listed on Panther.

I have found a very interesting website that lists a particular plane crashing in New York in 1955 that meets the make and model. Of course, NY is a big state and it's not any more specific than that but it lists the serial number so I will have to check that with the pictures that I have (I can't at work cause webshots is blocked :frowning: ).

Of course, the site that I found that data, charges for the accident report so I want to make sure I have the right plane if I ever do decide to do that route. I still think there may be a way to get the report via the US Air Force but it'll probably be long and difficult...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks