What's new

Million Dollar Baby - July 12th (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
The always excellent DVD Answers has information on the DVD release of Million Dollar Baby.

There will be seperate 2-disc widescreen and fullscreen versions as well as a 3-disc set containing the 2-disc set plus the original sountrack.

Click on the link for more and the artwork.

Million Dollar Baby

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news. This was my favorite film of last year and I'm glad to see that it's getting what looks to be great DVD treatment. I wouldn't expect anything less from Warner.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I also loved this movie. I'll definitely be picking up the 2-disc edition. I have no use for the soundtrack CD. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this movie again.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
One reasonable guess for another extra on disc 2 would be Charlie Rose Show interviews, which they also had on the Mystic River SE. I think Clint and Morgan appeared separately on the show to promote M$B. I didn't see them when they were broadcast, so it'd be cool to get them on disc.

The foolscreen edition should have a cropped cover, with only part of Clint and Morgan's faces showing up. The more people ask, "hey, what's wrong with this?" the better. :D

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Originally it was supposed to be a single-disc and the three-disc versions. So now the only bonus the three-disc will have is the CD? Good. Picking up the 2-discer!

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad Clint's beautiful score wasn't nominated because of a paperworl mistake. Few directors have ever earned nominations for Director, Actor, Producer, and Composer all for the same film in the same year.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Has anyone ever then?

And why no "Best Picture Winner" banner on the cover. I don't mean a huge banner most studios plaster on the covers, but those tasteful small ones with the Oscar WB puts over their Best Picture winners.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Good Idea! Not to get too sidetracked, but I also thought a few years ago, why not rotate the art on the Widescreen Versions to match the approximate 16x9 shape of the case?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
DVD Answers has updated their original post with the artwork for the 3-disc, which I'll be getting.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Amazon has put up all three versions up for preorder and slightly different artwork for the 2-disc edition (which is now identified as such and has the Best Picture banner):

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
DVD Answers has updated their article again with pics of the back covers to the 2-disc widescreen and the 3-disc collector's edition.

Clink on the link in the first post of this thread to see them.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't look we'll get any extras beyond the ones that were initially reported, which seems like a fairly thin package. Oh well.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Really looking forward to this one. After all the Star Wars mania goes down a bit, having this 3 disc version in July will be great. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
This is #4 on my all-time fave list. Kinda disappointed in the lack of extras, but I'll be glad to just have the movie. Already have the CD, so I'll be getting the 2-disc if there is no difference in the actual DVD content.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Clint is so prolific with his filmmaking, he probably simply doesn't have the time to devote to lots of supplements. In the end, it's the presentation of the film that counts anyway. As much as I love good extras, that's all they really are in the end- extras.

Vincent

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the show's the thing, but like I mentioned above, it would have been nice to have those Charlie Rose show appearances, which they did have on the Mystic River SE. Then again, interviews with James Lipton and Charlie Rose might be a little much for one DVD to handle. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks