What's new

Millennium 2.4.6 DTS Decoder Blues (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I have a Millennium 2.4.6 DTS processor attached to my Denon 3200 amp. I bought this a few years ago, and it has worked fine.

However, last November, I finally got my 16:9 Big Screen set. At that point, i rearranged my components and moved the DTS decoder.

Since then, I have noticed problems with DTS on certain titles - LOTR Extended Version and Austin Powers: Goldmember both experience occasional dropouts. These errors are repeatable in the same part of the film, but not necessarily the same moment! One of the DTS indicator lights at the front of the Millennium flickers when this happens.

My DVD player is the Malata 996.

I should point out that some other DTS titles, like Cowboy Bebop: Best Sessions play without incident.

I'm not sure if I bumped my decoder or not while moving it. Interestingly enough, while pottering the other week, I noticed that the problem titles were now playing okay. Checking the other night, same problem.

I've checked my connections numerous times, and they are fine.

Do you think I could have damaged my decoder? This seems a hard problem to nail down.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. It could be the discs. My brother has had a problem with LOTR with his Sony. I never had a singly problem in the years I used a Millenium 2.4.6. Great sounding very solid unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks