Millenium Theater Systems 2208 hahaha.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnnyN, Jan 11, 2002.

1. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

I ran into the infamous "two guys in a white van" today... This wasn't my first encounter with these guys and I've read all about them on the internet... Anyhow they gave me the usual story of how they were on their way to an install and had an extra four speakers... they wanted $850 each I told them $70 bux each or $140 for both, they argued and when I walked away they gave in and said fine...

Anyhow my friend got taken for $300 for a pair before but I thought they sounded like $140 worth of speakers so I bought them for my temporary apartment in LA. I have no regrets, but I was just wondering if anybody else has had experiences with the "two guys in a white van"???

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Holy crap, We had an encounter too....
    My resident advisor bursts into the room and he's like, this guy just offered me speakers. With excitement, I was like "The white van guy", and he was like "YA!".
    This guy wanted $600 for a pair of speakers, my RA told him he'd give him $150. In the end he didn't buy, and that's when he came to me.
    I printed out a description of the white van scam for him, and he said his experience was word for word.
    I now feel blessed for some reason.