What's new

Millenium owners--What am I doing wrong? (1 Viewer)

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
I have my coaxial cable from my Sony 9000ES digital output going into my digital coaxial input on the Millenium. My six preamp pre-out outputs go via RCA cable into the six Millenium inputs. The six Millenium outputs go out to my power amplifier and subwoofer via RCA cable. My dvd player is set for DTS out. All I am getting is a click, click, click sound and the light from the DTS lock blinking on and off.
Please help me on this. I ordered it thinking I could get DTS. Now I am thinking I have a lemon.
[Edited last by Tomoko Noguchi on October 06, 2001 at 12:16 AM]
[Edited last by Tomoko Noguchi on October 06, 2001 at 12:21 AM]

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
When I had a Millennium 2.4.6 hooked up, this is how I did it.
DVD digital out-->Millennium digital in
Millennium 6 channel outs->>Preamp 6 channel ins

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Thanks Steve, but according to the manual, I have hooked everything up correctly according to my system and it just isn`t coming on. Any other thoughts?
Also, I tried it the way you suggested and it still was doing the same click, click, click.
[Edited last by Tomoko Noguchi on October 06, 2001 at 01:26 AM]

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Tomoko, yes it does sound like a defective Millenium. The clicking could be the unit going into protection mode if there is a short circuit.
You have probably tried unplugging to reset the unit.
Bummer, the Millennium is a nice piece of gear.

PomingF

Second Unit
Have you try setting your Sony to PCM out? Also do you get the Milly to bypass the signal if you play a DD DVD? Sounds like the Milly is trying to lock in on DTS signals when the relay clicks & the DTS light goes on. I've had my Milly for three years & never had any problem with it. Check the settings on the toggle switch on the back as well.
PF

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Poming,
Should the toggle switches all be up? I thought so so I put them all in the up position. I also put the Sony in every out position, including PCM out. Still having problems. Will try again however.

PomingF

Second Unit
Yup, my set-up has all the switches up but yours may vary. Best is to check your manual. Any problem playing DD movies? Have you tried the 'manual', 'auto' switch on the front? Finally how old is your Milly for the very early version of it has problem and needs an eprom upgrade. I believe the info is on their site http://www.5point1.com
PF

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The "Auto/manual" mode should be on "Manual". This may be the cause of your problem. In your situation you'll have to use the volume control on the Millenium to control the volume of DTS material. If your receiver has a 5.1 in then that is a better way to go.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Methinks you might need the update chip from Millenium.
If the unit clicks onto the DTS stream and then loses it a second later, it sounds like you havea unit with the older chipset version, which was designed before DVD. (Long story on that)
I would call over there to Millenium and request a new updated chip. They will probably send you a set for free!
Eric.
------------------
Long Island HTF Local Meets---interested? Email me!!!
If you have AOL or AIM and you see me online...feel free to buzz me!! EDKalet6

PomingF

Second Unit
According to their website those manufactured before 4/98 will need the eprom upgrade at $20 + shipping.
Good luck.
PF

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
I figured it out!!! After giving up on this thing for a week, I found the added paper they gave us with the test disc. I hooked it up like before and noticed that when I played it the dts lights were locking for a few seconds. This gave me an idea. Because I live in Japan, I had the Millenium hooked up to the 100 volt line. I had a transformer that put the voltage at 110/120 so I hooked it up and it worked!! I must say that it is the first time I have ever had a problem like this. All of my electronics work even though some are US (my Sony 9000ES for example) in 100 volt Japan.
Thank you everyone for your ideas. The Millenium works really nice. Tonight I listed to the Eagles concert. Just great!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
what's a millenium? can someone post a link to whatever this is? i'm just curious...
tia
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks