1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Millenium DTS processor-still available?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff peterson, Sep 8, 2001.

1. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I'm working with a HTF member in another topic to learn how to add 6 channel inputs to my Yammy 2092 receiver. Now I'm drooling over the possibility of (finally) hearing what DTS is all about!
    I've often read about the Milly, how the silver one used to be on sale. How we need the Outlaw ICBM to manage it's base...Can someone bring me up to speed on where to purchase it and why we need the ICBM?
    Thanks.

2. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

The Milly was sold at www5point1.com and I think the silver one is still @ $200. If you want bass mgt. you would need outboard crossovers since the Milly doesn't have any bass mgt. (i.e. all satellites are forced to run full range).
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
    [​IMG]

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

The Millenium 2.4.6 is a dts processor that outputs the 5.1 analog signal directly through it's outputs. It also has a digital pass-through. It is a very nice piece designed and built by MSB technologies with Burr-Brown DACs. At the www.5point1.com site they have the user's manual online. The problem with the 2.4.6 as stated before is that it has no bass management whatsoever. If you don't have large speakers you need to somehow accomplish analog bass management on the 5.1 signal.
    If you are modifying your receiver, see if it does analog bass management. You may not have a problem. However, if your receiver can't do analog bass management and you have small speakers then an Outlaw ICBM would be required.
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    Pat's the best!™
    AIM: PhilBiker
    click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!