What's new

Mill Creek to Re-release Sony TV Shows on DVD (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I picked up Mill Creek's release of "Gidget" and was pleased to see the original Screen Gems logo at the end of every episode. No alternate pilot or other extras though.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Any news on a season 3 rerelease of The Facts of Life?

That's the last Sony published season before Shout Factory took over. I wouldn't expect them to rerelease season 4 onward with Shout Factory's upcoming complete release looming, but I don't see why season 3 wouldn't reappear.

Real Name
Brad
What about Benson? Any plans from Mill Creek to continue where Sony left off? Like season 3 and onward? Or does Shout! Have any plans to take this series over?

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
The ninth and tenth batch of releases have been announced:

October 7

The Flying Nun- Seasons 1&2

October 21

Married... with Children- Season 5, Season 6, Seasons 5&6
Square Pegs- Complete Series

November 11

Starsky & Hutch- Complete Series

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
The eleventh and twelfth batch of releases have been announced:

January 6

Married... with Children- Season 7, Season 8, Seasons 7&8
Party of Five- Season 2

February 3

Maude- Season 1
Canterbury's Law- Complete Series (This is a newer show from 2008 that only lasted 6 episodes- why re-release a failed show??)

Also, word from Mill Creek that the final 2 seasons of Good Times will be released in 2015 as well as additional seasons of The Jeffersons!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'm actually really enjoying the Mill Creek releases I've picked up so far. The quality isn't bad at all... and the prices are pretty sweet too. The "Soap" and "Benson" releases are great. Maybe if sales are decent Mill Creek might look into getting the rest of "Benson" out there.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
These budget releases have become like the "syndication" equivalent for TV Shows on DVD. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
knocking myself in the head for not getting S&H for $25 during black fridays. and Highway (almost typed Stairway lol) to Heaven. $50 for all that?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I can't get past Mill Creek's history of those former Treeline 50-100 disc sets full of public domain movies. They need to let Echo Bridge do them since they do a great job with authoring and compression and has/had the Miramax contract for older titles.

Still hoping for "One Step Beyond" seasons 2 and 3.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Radioman970 said:
knocking myself in the head for not getting S&H for $25 during black fridays. and Highway (almost typed Stairway lol) to Heaven. $50 for all that?
Fry's had Starsky & Hutch, Rosanne, Highway to Heaven & Wings complete for $15 each a couple days ago. $9.99 can't be far away...

I own the Sony version already, but I picked up Starsky & Hutch hoping the original columbia logo would be present at the end, but no such luck.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I would have bought Starsky but already owned the Sony season 1 set, which I bought from K-mart for $5 and I recently picked up seasons 2 and 4 cheap. Waiting for the Sony season 3 to drop i price. I have a few of the Mill Creek complete series sets, I like the prices enough to overlook the packaging.

Real Name
Brad
classicmovieguy said:
I'm actually really enjoying the Mill Creek releases I've picked up so far. The quality isn't bad at all... and the prices are pretty sweet too. The "Soap" and "Benson" releases are great. Maybe if sales are decent Mill Creek might look into getting the rest of "Benson" out there.
I'm definitely with you on this one!!!!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
upperco said:
Has it been stated whether the SOAP releases are indeed complete?
I can't be 100% certain (I sold my original Season 1 & 2 sets a while back), but I'm pretty sure these are the exact same transfers as the Sony releases. Only difference is that the sets are on 2 discs instead of 3, squeezing an average of 12 episodes per disc.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Hasslein said:
Fry's had Starsky & Hutch, Rosanne, Highway to Heaven & Wings complete for $15 each a couple days ago. $9.99 can't be far away...

I own the Sony version already, but I picked up Starsky & Hutch hoping the original columbia logo would be present at the end, but no such luck.
holy moldy thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

I bought Gloria (Gena Rowlands movie 1980s), a most fav of mine. It was $12+. I got it, saw Mill Creek logo on the back and felt I'd gotten taken. Had I know I would have waited! ONE movie?>!!! :P Maybe MC and earn it where I see that and immediately think QUALITY!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Mill Creek has announced Seasons 5 and 6 of "Bewitched" for March 17. Strangely no further "I Dream of Jeannie" sets have been announced...

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I don't know if this was an accidental slip or a happy inclusion (I'm going for the latter), but Mill Creek's release of "Soap" Season 2 includes the first episode of Season 3 as well!

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
The thirteenth and fourteenth batch of releases have been announced:

March 17

Bewitched- Season 5, Season 6, Seasons 5&6

April 21

Tour of Duty- Complete Series
What's Happening!!- Complete Series

It looks like Tour of Duty and What's Happening!! initial releases didn't sell well. I have noticed that when season sets of series they are releasing do not sell well, Mill Creek discontinues these releases and moves straight to a complete series release. Its frustrating if you are collecting the season sets but at least they don't discontinue the releases completely like the big studios do when a release doesn't sell well.

I suspect Charlie's Angels will be the next show to go the complete series route as this show has only had one release and that was over a year ago. Other series that have yet to see secondary releases are:

Diff'rent Strokes

I Dream of Jeannie

Newsradio

The Partridge Family

Also, there have been no releases of the following shows which I presume Mill Creek has the rights to:

All in the Family (S1-6)

Barney Miller (S1-3)

Family (S1&2)

Fantasy Island

The Jeff Foxworthy Show

Sanford & Son

Tabitha

That's My Mama

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks