What's new

Mill Creek to Re-release Sony TV Shows on DVD (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I have no idea why Mill Creek has slowed down "Jeannie" and "Charlie's Angels". Hopefully we get more seasons of those 2 very soon.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Mill Creek is really missing an opportunity by not releasing Charlie's Angels season 5 as a standalone release. If they had anything in that deal that would sell well, that would be it.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Hasslein said:
Mill Creek is really missing an opportunity by not releasing Charlie's Angels season 5 as a standalone release. If they had anything in that deal that would sell well, that would be it.
I agree. They did step up and give us a proper pressed edition of "Benson" Season Two, so I still hope.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
On the downside, the episode, "Cousin Serena Strikes Again, Pt. 1" is the same lousy print used on the Sony release. The end credits had dirt and debris.

Also, some, but not all, episodes have the old Screen Gems logo.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Ron Lee Green said:
On the downside, the episode, "Cousin Serena Strikes Again, Pt. 1" is the same lousy print used on the Sony release. The end credits had dirt and debris.

Also, some, but not all, episodes have the old Screen Gems logo.
I was hoping by some small miracle, they may have cleaned up this episode for this release. Too bad, since it's one of my favorites of the season. Part 2 not so much.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
ImageUploadedByHTF1426827771.105053.jpg
I didn't see the end credits but I thought Mill Creek's version of "Cousin Serena Strikes Again" Part One wasn't as red as Sony's.

They also used the same jittery print of "Samantha's Wedding Present."

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
They are cheap but still very good quality. I don't believe "Bewitched" or any of these Sony properties require any significant remastering, anyway.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
About that T.J. Hooker seasons 1 and 2 release from Mill Creek: it has been said that the first five episodes (namely, the first season) have CPT's Sunburst/Abstract Torch logo, and the remaining episodes (the second season) have the bylineless 80s Torch Lady. If anyone has that release, can you confirm that?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

David*P said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByHTF1426827771.105053.jpg I didn't see the end credits but I thought Mill Creek's version of "Cousin Serena Strikes Again" Part One wasn't as red as Sony's.

They also used the same jittery print of "Samantha's Wedding Present."
Thanks for the side-by-side comparison shots. You're right! It doesn't look as red. Maybe they adjusted the tint, or the saturation levels. It does look better than Sony's. However, I don't think it was re-mastered because the picture is still soft and fuzzy when compared to part 2 which is sharper.

Tooncy said:
They don't remaster anything. That's why it's cheap.
When we say remaster, I don't think anyone is expecting Mill Creek to do the actual re-mastering. I think most of us are just hoping that Sony will provide them with better prints. For example, Mill Creek got the Ben Franklin episode with the "To Be Continued" sign at the end, which wasn't on the Sony set.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Wonder what it would take to get Mill Cfeek to re-release SANFORD AND SON and then follow up with releases of GRADY and SANFORD??

You might notice I didn't mention 'Sanfofd Arms'. You know why? I've seen it. No, please just no on that one.

BUT I would be a solid 'yes' for SANFORD and GRADY.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I keep hoping they will do HERE COME THE BRIDES, but perhaps it's not popular enough for a re-release. Season One has been OOP for a long time now and commanding huge prices.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Professor Echo said:
I keep hoping they will do HERE COME THE BRIDES, but perhaps it's not popular enough for a re-release. Season One has been OOP for a long time now and commanding huge prices.
I emailed Mill Creek back in January about Here Comes the Brides, and they emailed me back and said they don't have the rights to that show.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I'm wondering when we'll get more "Charlie's Angels". They've been pretty consistent with their "Bewitched" releases, meanwhile "Jeannie" seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
They were pretty sloppy with Starsky & Hutch from what I've seen. Freeze frames, picture drop outs, aspect ratio changes, and the sound is terrible. It seems the folks at Mill Creek just don't care...

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Professor Echo said:
I keep hoping they will do HERE COME THE BRIDES, but perhaps it's not popular enough for a re-release. Season One has been OOP for a long time now and commanding huge prices
That is another one that doesn't make sense. It went OOP right before Shout finally released season 2. You think someone would re release it. It would really benefit Shout to do so. I got my season one about a year ago from a seller at Amazon France (a US copy) for much less than what it was going for here, then found it at Kmart a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks