What's new

MILL CREEK Classic Sci-Fi TV - 150 Episodes (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Anyone pick this up yet? Anyone have info on episodes,did they put annoying logos,quality of prints?

Content looks interesting - even if they did pad it out with a couple of serials!

Captain Fathom - (4 episodes)
Captain Z-Ro - (24 episodes)
Climax Mystery Theater: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
Clutch Cargo: Operation Moon Beam
Destination Space - (1 episode)
Flash Gordon - (14 episodes)
General Electric Theater - (2 episodes)
Here Comes Tobor - (1 episode)
Johnny Jupiter - (1 episode)
Lights Out! - (4 episodes)
One Step Beyond - (16 episodes)
The Phantom Empire - (12 episodes)
Radar Men from the Moon - (12 episodes)
Rocky Jones, Space Ranger - (23 episodes)
The Shadow - (2 episodes)
Space Angel - (9 episodes)
Stamp Day for Superman
The Star and The Story: Dark Stranger
Tales of Frankenstein - (1 episode)
Tales of Tomorrow - (6 episodes)
Thriller: The Return of Andrew Bentley
Undersea Kingdom - (12 episodes)
Your Jeweler''s Showcase - Operation: E.S.P.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I'd be interested in learning as to whether or not the "One Step Beyond" episodes are ones that previously appeared on Mill Creek's 50-episode collection or if they are additional episodes that Mill Creek was able to find. If it's the case of "new" episodes, that and the "Thriller" episode are enough for me to get this set. Interesting that Mill Creek includes episodes from two animated series, "Clutch Cargo" and "Space Angel." I'm not sure about "Captain Fathom." There was a live action pilot that was produced in 1955 that played like a low rent version of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" and then was brought back in 1965 in an animated version; I'm guessing that what's here is the animated version based on the number of episodes. At least three of the shows listed are unsold pilots that have previously been released by Alpha Video: "Here Comes Tobor," "The Shadow," and "Tales of Frankenstein." Although in the public domain, "Stamp Day for Superman" appeared on the season 2 release of Warner's "The Adventures of Superman" as an extra.

I have the Climax! episode of Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde on another Alpha release and really enjoyed Michael Rennie's performance in the title roles. Considering that this was a live production, he does a surprisingly good transformation from Jeckyl to Hyde.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
There is a review of this set by John Sinnott over at DVD Talk, with a full episode list. So these are the One Step Beyond episodes:

The Sorcerer*
Encounter*
House of the Dead*
Epilogue*
The Stone Cutter*
Contact**
The Gift**
Bride Possessed**
The Burning Girl*
The Premonition**
Forest of the Night**
Reunion**
The Haunting*
Where are They?
Goodbye Grandpa*
The Riddle*

*NOT included in the MC 50 episode box.
**Never before released episodes?

So there's 15 "new" episodes from Mill Creek, and 6 episodes no one has released before (at least going by the lists I've found).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I was wondering about those Episodes, since I have Mill Creek's 50 Episode Best of One Step Beyond set, which I got during one of those infamous "Wally Raids" I pull off every month or so, using a Gift Card courtisy of my local Car Dealers!:D Glad to know I didn't have duplicates when I bought this set. :emoji_thumbsup: Space Angel has the honor of being the Second Sci-Fi Series I saw on TV.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Nice little "Blast from the Past"!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
(Thunderbirds was my first!)
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

brian_hassel

Agent
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Ordered mine from DD yesterday for $16.59. This is worth it to me to get the Flash Gordon episodes and more One Step Beyond episodes. I was really hoping these wouldn't be repeats from the 50 episode set, thankfully Mill Creek did not let us down! Looks to be a great set. Can't wait to start watching these during my lunch hour at work.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

That's good news, Tim. Mill Creek originally had announced plans to issue all of the remaining episodes as a follow-up to their 50 episode set, but ended up not releasing that set. I'd guess it was a combination of some, maybe a dozen or more, episodes not being in the public domain and their inability to find print sources for some of the missing public domain episodes. So I'm guessing that they were only able to come up with these 15 additional episodes. Rather than creating new artwork/packaging for what might have been a two-disc set, it was probably easier for them to release these episodes in this package. Regardless, Mill Creek now has the largest collection of "One Step Beyond" episodes on commercially available DVDs. Only Alpha Video (with 60 episodes spread over 15 discs) comes close. These additional episodes, plus the only public domain episode of "Thriller," are enough for me to get this set. Ironically, John Newland, the host of OSB, directed the "Thiller" episode titled "The Return of Andrew Bentley" that is contained in this set.

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I'll have to pick this up. I don't see any "Rocky Jones Space Ranger" duplication with my Passport set.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

For what it's worth, I asked the DVD Talk reviewer, John Sinnott, as to whether the "Rocky Jones" episodes were the individual episodes or if what we are getting from Mill Creek represented those episodes that were edited together in "movie" format. John advised that they were the individual episodes. That was a nice surprise for me since most everything that I've seen of "Rocky Jones" has been the edited "movie" versions of the series.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and which Passport set is that? Give me a link if you can. I'm considering getting this just for the One Step Beyond episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks