What's new

Miles Davis Dual Disc (1 Viewer)

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
I don't think Music Direct knows what enhanced LPCM is either since they sent me a list of links to very basic tutorial sites. I did ask to clarify. Hopefully, with their connections they will be able to get an answer. If enchanced means 24/96, I am buying even though I must have 10 versions of this disk.:b

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I was hoping this would be released as DVD-A but knew that was not going to happen due to Sony, so when the Dual Disc was announced I was going to make the purchase (even if the hi-rez mix is only 20/48 or 24/48). This will probably be the only Dual Disc I buy.

It seems to have dropped off the map - Legacy / Sonymusic no longer has it on it's release lists online, and amazon.ca has it as 'Not Available'. No other info on UK music sales websites either, so has this release been delayed?? [edit] Answered my own question...musicdirect now has a release date of January 2005.
http://www.musicdirect.com/products/...f+blue&x=0&y=0
:frowning:
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...365426-5721947

Another reason to get a universal player I guess.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Thanks Robert, figured as much with Sony.... if you have the SACD how is the multichannel mix.

Do you think that the lossy DD 5.1 on the Dual Disc (if it is the same mix) is worth buying since I can only do DVD-A at present?

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Sorry but I don't have the SACD version. Many people say that it isn't that great. After listening to my oldest vinyl copy, I don't think that the dual disc is something to buy without listening to the "enhanced tracks". The only considerations in favor are the video side and for the collector that absolutely must have every version of this thing.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I've got it. The rear speakers are used only to enhance the front channels, and there are no wonky effects (Miles does not walk around the room, and the bass is not sounding behind your head). If your front speakers are very well-matched and on a basically even plane, you'll probably love it. If your front speakers don't match well, then you'll probably find the two-channel mix to be more cohesive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks