Miles Davis- Dark Magus, SACD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I read that this title was supposed to come out soon. I've seen it a half.com but not anywhere else. I would think I would have seen it a Best Buy, as they stock all of Miles' Sony SACDs.

Can anyone confirm if this is out already? If not, any set dates? If so, how does it sound?

It's one of my favorite 70s Miles albums. Can't wait to hear it on SACD.

There is also supposed to be a multi-channel of In A Silent Way. Gimme gimme.

NP: Billy Cobham, Spectrum, DVD-A

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Mike,

I have not heard about this but I hope you are right. Did you check Acoustic Sounds catalog?

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mike, Sony was supposed to release Dark Magus, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. Furthermore, I don't know if it was cancelled or postponed. By the way, had it come out, I would not expect Best Buy to have gotten it because Best Buy has added few new titles to its initial inventory. I know it's semantics, but that's my opinion.
    Does anyone know if Dark Magus was released on SACD in Japan? I haven't checked www.hmv.co.jp .

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I did not see it in Acoustic Sounds.
    I e-mailed the seller.
    Normally, I would dismiss it as a mistake, but this add a picture of the album with a standard Sony grey slipcase with the album art on it, and he specifically states that "this disc is designed for use with Super Audio CD players only."