What's new

Miles Davis- Dark Magus, SACD? (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I read that this title was supposed to come out soon. I've seen it a half.com but not anywhere else. I would think I would have seen it a Best Buy, as they stock all of Miles' Sony SACDs.

Can anyone confirm if this is out already? If not, any set dates? If so, how does it sound?

It's one of my favorite 70s Miles albums. Can't wait to hear it on SACD.

There is also supposed to be a multi-channel of In A Silent Way. Gimme gimme.

NP: Billy Cobham, Spectrum, DVD-A

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Sony was supposed to release Dark Magus, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. Furthermore, I don't know if it was cancelled or postponed. By the way, had it come out, I would not expect Best Buy to have gotten it because Best Buy has added few new titles to its initial inventory. I know it's semantics, but that's my opinion.
Does anyone know if Dark Magus was released on SACD in Japan? I haven't checked www.hmv.co.jp .

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I did not see it in Acoustic Sounds.
I e-mailed the seller.
Normally, I would dismiss it as a mistake, but this add a picture of the album with a standard Sony grey slipcase with the album art on it, and he specifically states that "this disc is designed for use with Super Audio CD players only."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks