What's new

Mike Myers (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
It bothers me how Mike Myers used to be in many different movies along with Saturday Night Live, but it just seems like now all he seems to do is sequels to Austin Powers Movies or Shrek as I was just reading Shrek 3 was announced recently. You would also think with all the sequels he's doing why not than do a Wayne's World 3?. It just seems like he could be doing so much more with his talent. It's a little disapointing to me because I remember back in the earlier days he did a wide variety of movies and television. Anyone else agree with me that Mike Myers needs to do something new?.

-Mike

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

The Cat in the Hat doesn't count? (Of course, that may not be what you had in mind, but it isn't AP or Shrek.)

M.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Let's be fair. He may have done two Austin Powers sequels, but why shouldn't he?

I mean, let's face it, Stars on 54 and So I married... weren't exactly sucessful.

We have that Pink Panther to look forward to (although I can't say I am really all that enthusiastic about it...)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, yeah, but Myers won't be in it; MGM has signed Steve Martin to play Clouseau. I have a sneaking feeling that Myers only signed on in the first place to delay filming while causing MGM to spend money just to make sure the film never gets made, protecting Sellers's legacy (Myers is a big Peter Sellers fan), and MGM finally caught on.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Him doing sequels to good movies doesn't bother me. It is the fact that he uses the same scottish accent in all of them that bothers me.

Paul>Wh

Agent
...and yet we can't get a sequel to his greatest movie, "So I Married an Axe Murderer". What's up with that????

- "Let's get pissed!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks