Mike Myers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Michael Pakula, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

It bothers me how Mike Myers used to be in many different movies along with Saturday Night Live, but it just seems like now all he seems to do is sequels to Austin Powers Movies or Shrek as I was just reading Shrek 3 was announced recently. You would also think with all the sequels he's doing why not than do a Wayne's World 3?. It just seems like he could be doing so much more with his talent. It's a little disapointing to me because I remember back in the earlier days he did a wide variety of movies and television. Anyone else agree with me that Mike Myers needs to do something new?.

-Mike

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The Cat in the Hat doesn't count? (Of course, that may not be what you had in mind, but it isn't AP or Shrek.)

M.

3. Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar Supporting Actor

Let's be fair. He may have done two Austin Powers sequels, but why shouldn't he?

I mean, let's face it, Stars on 54 and So I married... weren't exactly sucessful.

We have that Pink Panther to look forward to (although I can't say I am really all that enthusiastic about it...)

4. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    He was one of the few things in "View from the Top" that was funny.

-Dennis

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, yeah, but Myers won't be in it; MGM has signed Steve Martin to play Clouseau. I have a sneaking feeling that Myers only signed on in the first place to delay filming while causing MGM to spend money just to make sure the film never gets made, protecting Sellers's legacy (Myers is a big Peter Sellers fan), and MGM finally caught on.

6. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Him doing sequels to good movies doesn't bother me. It is the fact that he uses the same scottish accent in all of them that bothers me.

7. Paul>Wh

Paul>Wh Agent

...and yet we can't get a sequel to his greatest movie, "So I Married an Axe Murderer". What's up with that????

- "Let's get pissed!!!"

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Um, it only made about five dollars? Why would they make a sequel to a bomb?

9. Paul>Wh

Paul>Wh Agent

I guess you're right. Great art is hardly ever appreciated by the masses. [​IMG]