What's new

Mike Myers to play Keith Moon? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't know what to think. I can't see Mike Myers playing Keith Moon though. If Roger Daltrey says it might work, maybw it will. I just can't see him playing Keith Moon.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I think it would be brilliant. Meyers is a big fan of 60's rock and he would play the role with love and respect. By all accounts Moonie was a pretty funny guy, and we know MM can pull that off.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Isn't Mike Myers 40 or so? I think he's a bit old for the part. Keith started with The "Ooo" when he was 15 or 16 I think.

Darren H

Second Unit
They'd better cast Jason Schwartzman (also a drummer) as the young Moon.
Link Removed
Keith Moon

Jason Schwartzman

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Ugh :frowning:
I've got that sinking feeling. Just don't think Meyers is right for the role. He'll need some major makeup to get over the age gap.
The book (Full Moon) was a somewhat interesting read although somewhat sloppy. A much better book (about the whole group) with most of the same Moon antics would be Before I Get Old by Dave Marsh.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
The point about Meyer's age is well taken, but that's what movie make-up is for.
Makeup can be good when adding to someone's age. However I have yet to see a decent convincing makeup job that would have to take 25 years off an actor.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Especially when they use that tape to pull back the lines around the eyes; check out Joe Pesci in MY COUSIN VINNIE for a prime example. God, he looks Asian in some scenes!

Dan B

Screenwriter
Schwartzman is right for the role. Not only does he play drums in a band of his own, but he's a fan of the band. And he looks like Keith! Not to mention, he's a good actor as well.

Having said that, Keith is one of the most difficult personalities to replicate...ever. I'm not optimistic.

-Dan B.
Who fanatic

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Especially when they use that tape to pull back the lines around the eyes; check out Joe Pesci in MY COUSIN VINNIE for a prime example. God, he looks Asian in some scenes!
i thought i was the only one WHO noticed that.

myers looks really old in that pepsi commercial with britany spears

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
myers looks really old in that pepsi commercial with britany spears
But not as much as Bob Dole.
That Pepsi commercial has to contain the most blatant & badly performed fake punch & hair pulling I've ever seen. I guess Britany had it in her contract that no punch can come nearer than 2 feet away. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.
I would rather see a younger actor play Moon, Jason would be a good pick.

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor

Jeff Bock

Auditioning
The age difference part that bothers me is that he's already 8 years older than Keith when he died (Myers 40, Keith 32). Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but Schwartzman is the perfect candidate for this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks