What's new

Mike Connors has passed away at 91! (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Reading tonight that he passed away at 91. Prayers to his family.

Not a good week for 70s TV stars. Anyone checked on Robert Blake's health lately??

Mannix was a decent show and I'm glad it got released on DVD while the market was still there. I don't know if Connors did much memorable work outside of Mannix, but he did a good job carrying the show for its run and was able to participate in the S1 DVDs.

Last edited:

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
You know it's amazing how many are gone. Even though I didn't start my prime TV viewing years until the early 70s, most of the major TV stars from the very beginning were still living, although some like Sullivan and Benny were very old. I think of the major TV stars of the 50s and 60s, only William Frawley, Gracie Allen, Ozzie Nelson, John Banner and maybe Serling had died by then of natural causes. Now probably 90 perecent if the 50s and 60s TV actors are gone.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
So glad to have Mannix complete on DVD...I wish we had Tightrope also...Mike Connors was a class act, of whom Armenian Americans were very proud...and they were grateful for the affectionate depiction of the Armenian farming community in California as seen in season three's "Return to Summer Grove" , with Victor Jory playing Joe's father...Mike Connors (Krekor Ohanian) was born in Fresno, after all, and knew his people...and he enriched the character of Joe Mannix in doing so...

I also delight when he turns up as Michael, Jay or "Touch" Connors in various episodes of One Step Beyond, Mr. Lucky, Mike Hammer, Bronco, State Trooper or Wagon Train...

I feel like indulging in a Mannix marathon...yes, this weekend...rest in peace...

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
RIP to Mike Connors-- another of America's great performers.:(

mikeconnorsis.jpg
mannix.jpg

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
MANNIX is the first show I remember watching. I was 4 of 5 when it went off but I remember dressing in my plaid sports coat, tucking my gun down into my underwear, & jumping off the couch each week mimicking the onscreen action. I bought the DVDs out of curiosity in 2012 & really loved the show! Definitely one my favorite tv icons.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Mannix was a decent show and I'm glad it got released on DVD while the market was still there. I don't know if Connors did much memorable work outside of Mannix . . . .

He was pretty good in an important supporting role in the Jack Lemmon comedy Good Neighbour Sam. I'll make a point of watching that again in the next few days.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I remember being allowed to stay up late to watch Mannix since it was on Saturday. It was a show a shared with my father. Great memories. SO sorry to hear of his passing. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
The other night I watched an episode from Mannix. It was weird feeling came through me as I watched the episode.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
So glad to have Mannix complete on DVD...I wish we had Tightrope also...Mike Connors was a class act, of whom Armenian Americans were very proud...and they were grateful for the affectionate depiction of the Armenian farming community in California as seen in season three's "Return to Summer Grove" , with Victor Jory playing Joe's father...Mike Connors (Krekor Ohanian) was born in Fresno, after all, and knew his people...and he enriched the character of Joe Mannix in doing so...

I also delight when he turns up as Michael, Jay or "Touch" Connors in various episodes of One Step Beyond, Mr. Lucky, Mike Hammer, Bronco, State Trooper or Wagon Train...

I feel like indulging in a Mannix marathon...yes, this weekend...rest in peace...
I've been watching the DVD's of Mannix lately and really enjoying it . Nice 2 part interview with Connors on the season 1 box set .I'd also like to see TIghtrope released on DVD. I have a lot of old TV shows on DVD and it's amazing how many shows "Touch" shows up on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks