What's new

Mighty Joe Young/Son of Kong? (1 Viewer)

Med

Stunt Coordinator
With Ray Harryhausen doing the publicity rounds for his new book over here in the UK and the recent release of Beast From 20,000 Fathoms & Valley of Gwangi on DVD, I wondered if there is any chance of Mighty Joe Young (1949) making an appearance on our beloved format anytime soon?

Also while I'm aware of the Kong SE that is promised for next year (can't wait!), how about Son of Kong? I know it's vastly inferior to its big daddy, but it would be nice to have for us stop-motion/Willis O'Brien fans.

Does anyone have any info on these titles and their likelihood of getting a DVD release?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Both films belong to Warner, but other than that I haven't heard anything about them except for the rumored 2004 release of King Kong.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Noting Warner's recent routine of releasing two or more films in one package (HOUSE OF WAX/MYSTERY OF THE WAX MUSEUM and DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE - 1931 and 1941 Versions), I wonder if SON OF KONG (and possibly even MIGHTY JOE YOUNG for that matter) may be released along with KING KONG as one gigantic "Ape" Edition?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

The only reason I can think they wouldn't include Son of Kong is it's PQ would compare unfavorably with the super-duper restoration of Kong they're (supposedly) doing.

I wouldn't think they'd include Joe on a disc with Kong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks