What's new

Might this affect the way we receive packages? (1 Viewer)

Wade K

Second Unit
Not trying to be tactless, but with increased security on everyones' minds, will this affect the ways UPS, FedEx, etc handle packages if nobody's home? Heck, on my last FedEx delivery, I filled out the form to allow them to leave packages inside the main door and up by my entrance. I don't have any intentions of changing that, but I wonder if the major carriers are evaluating the pluses, minuses, and potential liabilities of the practice.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
There has always been concern over this at corporations.
I started out at IBM in the copier room(95-97) and I helped cover for shipping when spomeone there was out.
Twice a year I had to go to Bomb School - actually the experts who where on the scene at the WTC bombing in 93 where there.They showed alot of video tape,bomb blueprints,letterbombs and brought in lots of defused package bombs for us see.
Im sure other Corporations made their mail guys do the same type of thing.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on September 14, 2001 at 07:34 AM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I know this is not A 100% on the lines of the subject, But I ordred a few DVD's online and they said that I would have to wait longer untill they can ship them out to me, So I have found another online retailer where I do not have to wait because I am desperate for these movies.
It makes me sad to know that Some person in the world could do this to our country and affect everyones lives.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
You can expect delays in the mail and couriers from anyone you order from. I would also suspect that there will be some increased security on package transport, though I'm sure these a regularly xrayed before they load a plane full of them (I would hope so!).
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks