What's new

Might have achieved speaker placement nirvana ! (1 Viewer)

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone,
I've been tweaking my speaker placments for the last couple of weeks. Changing an angle here and there, moving things around, raising the rears off the floor a little, etc... you know the drill.
My wife thinks that i'm nuts but i think that i've just achieved SPEAKER PLACEMENT NIRVANA.
I popped The Police Greatest Hits CD in this morning to listen while getting ready for work.
I don't like the the sound of my current centre channel speaker for music (i'm waiting to receive my new speaker today - i hope - if UPS delivers). So i usually turn off my centre channel and just listen to music through my fronts, rears and sub.
I sat on my couch (in the sweet spot). The front soundstage was so full right accross the front of the room that i thought that i had left the centre speaker on. I closed my eyes could not tell where any of the sounds really came from. Just a room of nice, full and rich sound. I actually got up and put my ear close to the front centre channel, because i thought that i might have left it on that it was so full up there. But there was no sound coming out of it. Now i know what the word "soundstage" means.
I feel tears swelling in my eyes as i think that think that i might have reached speaker placement nirvana ! ;) :emoji_thumbsup:
Moral of the story. Play with your speaker placement. It's worth it.
Have a good day !
Bob

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Sean,
http:www.sound-dynamics.com
My setup includes:
RTS 9 in the front (Mains)
RTS 5 in the back (Surrounds)
RTS C1 in the front. I should be receivng my RTS C2 today to upgrade.
Paradigm PDR 10 sub
I'll be putting the RTS C1 in the back for 6.1 when i get my C2.
Sound Dynamics are the same people that manufacture Energy. But they've recently discontinued this line.
Bob

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine has a small pair of Sound Dynamics . Not sure which model but they sound nice .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwipip