What's new

Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I just bought this last night & I have to say that it has brought back so many memories....some good some not so good but they're memories OK!?! ;)

N.A.R.C. Good god this was a hyper bizarre distinctly Reagan era game but you gotta love the FBI warning not to do drugs just before you mercilessly blow everyone away and nab all the money & drugs they drop...:D

Pit Fighter...the first game to feature digitized photo based characters...crappy game but nonetheless it brings me back to the 7-Eleven on Gravios & Jefferson in St. Louis where me & my friends would spend hours playing this and N.A.R.C....man it was a lousy game then too actually.;)

Wizard of WOR...wow listen to that highly advanced voice feature....I keep waiting for it to say "would you like to playyy a gaaame?

Hard Drivin'...there was a time when our eyes bugged at how advanced this game looked...then again there was a time when Disco was a hit...

Primal Rage...Hey I liked the game ok?

Mortal Kombat 2 & 3...I was never a big fan of these games but they are here.

Timber....never heard of it...it's actually kind of fun though.

ZYBOTS...never heard of this one either but it also is pretty fun.

Spy Hunter 2...worst game sequel ever made...pure crap then and now.

Total Carnage...now this one I definitely remember and it is still fun as hell.

Many others but if you are interested in these classic and not so classic games I recommend it, for roughly a buck a game it is a bargain for those who remember these games in their heyday....and maybe curious younger gamers too.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I was very disappointed when Stun Runner and Steel Talons dropped off from the initial list of games included with this set, although I'm glad one of my all-time favorites, APB is on this set.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The funny thing about playing these games now is that you can see the design in the games that was purely intended to suck quarters out of you....the main intent of any arcade game of course but my point is that in Games like Total Carnage when you finally get to the first Boss it is actually laughable how difficult...hell, impossible...it would be to get through this boss without loads of cash on hand...I remember thinking this "back in the day" at the time I was playing it but with a few friends on hand to spread the cost we still shelled out a good 20$ between us to get as far as we did....a bargain...I suppose that is why I gradually stopped going to arcades after I turned 18...well that and girls...and cars...and...a life.;)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Are these the direct ports with no changes from the arcade version?

I loved NARC: spent tons of money trying to get to the boss at the end.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
They don't seem to be changed but I can't swear to it & there are a few bugs in some of the games, some are discussed HERE,
this is the general skinny from that review (I underlined what bugs I have personally seen in the game):

:as he said, apart from some glitches these are pretty much good/accurate ports...as far as I can remember from years ago at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks