Midsomer Murders, Widescreen or Full Format?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Donald_S, May 20, 2005.

1. Donald_S

Donald_S Stunt Coordinator

Oct 19, 2003
    I'm running into a weird thing. I'm trying to get all give seasons of Midsomer Murders. But it seems like seasons 2,3 and 5 are widescreen and season 1 and 4 are full format everywhere I look, including Overstock, Deepdiscountdvd etc. Does anyone know if all 5 seasons are available in Widescreen?

2. Opi

Opi Stunt Coordinator

Jun 21, 2002
    I would like to know if indeed CLOSED CAPTIONING are present on these DVDs. I found contradictory statements on the web ! ?

Thanks in advance
  3. Jo P

Jo P Guest

At ColumbiaHouse.com, Canada (maybe in the USA too) they have 5 sets. Strangely, they don't coincide with what you quote. Set one is full screen. Sets 2 to 6 are Widescreen (yes, including set 4) but for some weird reason they dont offer set 5. Where have you seen set 5? I have been hunting these down. The five sets at ColumbiaHouse will total $250 not counting the S&H. The S&H is really costly. A set of 4 costs $10 and a set of 5 costs $11. 3 of the sets are sets of 5. 2 are sets of 4. I am struggling with myself whether to spend that, but the ones I have found other places, if I bought them one by one would cost more than double that. You would have to join ColumbiaHouse and that can be a pain in itself, with some of their tactics. But it might be worth it. Where did you see the series 5? A friend and I meet every couple weeks for a 'Midsomer Murder' night. It is so clear how much fun they have making them.