What's new

midnite movies (1 Viewer)

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Now they go ahead & make 2 lousy decisions...an exclusive deal with one store and mixing new & old titles together...2 slaps in the face to their customers...depressing.
Not to mention the fact that if they don't update some of the transfers, they will have an anamorphic title (HOUSE OF USHER) and a non-anamorphic title (PIT AND THE PENDULUM) on the same disc. Make that 3 slaps in the face.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I don't buy anything at BB anymore, so I'm disappointed about this choice. After reading in a business mag what their VP of marketing said about their product lineup, methods and target customer, you might as well make it 4 slaps in the face. We've all had varying experiences there, but if you know what sort of consumer they target, it goes a looong way to explain things...it is not flattering to us.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Mark: Sorry, I don't. It was a print magazine, and it was at least a year ago, and I don't even remember which mag! I do remember I picked it up specifically for the BB article as they were a bit of a mystery to me, how they fit in to the plethora of similar retailers, and how they remained successful. I have alluded to the content in various threads when somebody has a BB issue. I don't mean to pick on them, every retailer has a complaint from somebody. And neither can I condemn them for their marketing strategy, it's legal and it works, and at least they have a business plan! It comes down to me not being their target demographic, and I kinda figured that out for myself. I don't think the typical HTF member is their demographic either. The part that bugged me was that they viewed their customers as not savvy, not well-informed, and not careful shoppers.

I guess for these releases I won't have much choice though.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Looks like you're shopping at Best Buy from now on....

From Davis DVD:-

MGM's "Midnite Movies" double-feature collections have now become exclusive to the Best Buy chain. The next wave of horror classics on a dime is due on August 24th and includes the double features The Abominable Dr. Phibes/Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Attack of the Puppet People/Village of the Giants, Beach Blanket Bingo/How to Stuff a Wild Bikini, Beach Party/Bikini Beach, Count Yorga Vampire/The Return of Count Yorga, Empire of the Ants/Tentacles, The Fall of the House of Usher/The Pit and the Pendulum, Gas-s-s-s-s/Wild in the Streets, The Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow/The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini, The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant/The Thing With Two Heads, Invasion of the Star Creatures/Invasion of the Bee Girls, The Land That Time Forgot/People That Time Forgot, Theatre of Blood/Madhouse and The Wild Angels/Hell's Belles. Retail is $14.95 each.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Guys, several of these double features - including the Yorga double - are up for pre-order at the Canadian supplier dvdsoon.com so this may be just an exclusive for BB in the USA only.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
It's funny how the news about these on Davis DVD seems to just be lifted from DVD Drive-In (without credit) right down to the incorrect extra "S" in the title GAS-S-S-S. I emailed Davis about where they got the retail price since these are not up for pre-order anywhere in the US, but they never got back to me, prompting me to think they don't really have official information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks