Midnite Movie - How to Stuff a Wild Bikini NOT Letterboxed

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Al (alweho), Aug 24, 2004.

1. Al (alweho)

Al (alweho) Second Unit

Picked up the Beach Blanket Bingo/How to Stuff a Wild Bikini MGM Midnite Movies/Double Feature title today at Best Buy and it looks like quality control dropped the ball.

Despite promising a Letterboxed version of How to Stuff a Wild Bikini on the package it turns out that only the title credits are such, then the rest of the movie is in full frame.

I used to own the single disc of How to Stuff... and seem to remember that this title used to be dual sided - offered in both full and widescreen formats. I also seem to remember that although it was not labeled as anamorphic it was transfered as such.

Anyone know who I should write to about this at MGM? The rest of the Midnite discs I bought today were fine, it's just a shame they dropped the ball on this one.

2. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

Almost got this along with the other Midnite Movie Double Features I was picking up. Good thing I didn't.

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

So the original single-disc release was anamorphic and this double-feature reissue is now offered only in fullframe?

[​IMG]

4. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Stunt Coordinator

The single disc "How to Stuff..." was *not* anamorphic. Widescreen, yes. "Pillarboxed", as they say, on 16:9 sets.

5. Christoph_G

Christoph_G Extra

I can verify the contents of the original disk. It was dual sided, full frame on one side, and letterboxed (non-anamorphic) widescreen on the other.
    That's a shame they only put the full frame version on the new disk. I'm hanging on the old disk.

6. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    Yes, I have the original release of "How to Stuff a Wild Bikini" and it has both versions on the disc. That's too bad about that double feature package.

7. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Was GREATLY disappointed by this title & others. Every (about 8, BB had an end cap full of MM's) DVD I wished too buy had a simular 'problem'. Ended up empty handed.
    Free Advise;
    1.Pair the Full Frame titles together (for format & age).
    2. Don't release non-anamorphic widescreen.
    Of coarse, I believe they intentionally paired anamorphic & letterboxed releases.
    I did see titles with two AWT's. Was not interested/knowledgeable in the films. Would anyone like to promote such releases, too the lame?

8. Al (alweho)

Al (alweho) Second Unit

I'd originally written: I have a bad feeling about this. Can anyone else let MGM know there is a problem? Maybe someone who has contacts with the company?

9. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Stunt Coordinator

Problem? What problem? I don't see any problem.

Yeah right....