What's new

Midnight Run Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Todd B

Stunt Coordinator
Midnight Run is scheduled for release on June 3rd. I'm assuming it's a new transfer since some shopping sites list it as anamorphic.

Has anyone seen any reviews posted?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
The upcoming Universal DVD is anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1). Unlike the original Image disc, this one has a trailer and a making-of feature. I haven't checked yet to see if the latter is an original featurette from the movie's production, or a newly done retrospective (as Universal has been doing on many of these former Image titles).

John Stockton

Second Unit
Where are you guys getting this info from. According to Link Removed there is no Midnight Run scheduled for June 3rd.

Todd B

Stunt Coordinator
This was reported a while ago (a search should find it).

Both Amazon and DDD show the DVD with the June 3rd release date. In addition, DDD lists it as anamorphic (where the previous release was not).

Todd

Alex-C

Screenwriter
from dvdfile.com may 7 disc news...

Just in from Universal Studios Home Video are the full specs for their June lineup of catalog titles. All hit stores on June 3rd and, as usual, are an eclectic batch. Leading the pack is the hit thriller Sneakers, newly remastered in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen and Dolby 2.0 surround, extras include "The Making of Sneakers" featurette, audio commentary with director Phil Alden Robinson and trailers. Next up are the angry sharks of Jaws 3 and Jaws The Revenge, which will see new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers, English Dolby 2.0 surround tracks, and trailers.

For you comedy fans, we have Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin in the cult fave Midnight Run, which gets a remastered 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby 2.0 surround track, a making of featurette and trailers.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I just checked the disc, and the extra I mentioned previously is indeed the original making-of featurette. It runs 7 1/2 minutes.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Doesn't the original release have a 4.0 track? Does this mean I have to sacrifice audio quality for an anamorphic transfer if I upgrade?

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I have it on pre-order and on Jun 3 or so I will post a review if there's not one here by then.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The Image dvd release doesn't have a 4.0 track. As stated earlier, the Universal dvd has a anamorphic transfer and 2.0 track. After playing around with both dvds, I prefer the Universal dvd because it displays better on my widescreen television.

Crawdaddy

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone been able to find this DVD? I went to 3 places today and nada! Do I have to order it off the net and pay a shipping charge because this is a catalog title that is impossible to find in stores

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I called about the status of shipment --they said it has not yet shipped --they didn't have a reason.

Will check back tomorrow

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my copy today at Best Buy. It was the last copy on the shelf. They may not have shipped a lot of these. It's a very entertaining movie.

Ron Kaye

Agent
Has anyone been able to find this DVD? I went to 3 places today and nada! Do I have to order it off the net and pay a shipping charge because this is a catalog title that is impossible to find in stores
Go to deepdiscountdvd. No shipping. No tax.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! This is one of my all-time favorite movies and, as an owner of the Image DVD, I was wondering if they were ever gonna upgrade it. Off to Best Buy today at lunch I suppose!

ErichH

Screenwriter
Very few copies shipped in my area, but I managed to get 1 of the 2 at a local BB. A manager said that only a few stores had them and only 2 or 3 copies per store. `Go figure that out'
The PQ is the best I've ever seen for this movie. The sound is DD 2.0 and so so, but that's fine. What a great movie.
Dennis Farina's lines kill me every time.

They checked my 20 with the Litmas Test ;)

Special Agent Mosely

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Went to 2 Best Buys, and their system showed none on hand. Tried my luck with Best Buy's site usign another store for pickup, and got it last night. Must not have gotten many of them. had to do the same for Universal's Opportunity Knocks yesterday as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks