What's new

Midnight Madness-- still "full frame"? (1 Viewer)

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Midnight Madness was re-released by Buena Vista today, but I can't discover from any of the websites I frequent whether it's been re-released in widescreen or is still using the same crappy "full-frame" transfer Anchor Bay used.

I'd assume it's still "full-frame", since I've noticed Disney's sometimes just altogether silent on aspect ratio when it's not OAR.

Does anybody know for sure?

AB

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It is indeed still full frame. I'm not sure if it's the exact same transfer, but from what I've heard, it doesn't look so great either.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
This is one of those movies I own even though its MAR....my justification is that the only way ive ever experienced the movie was on cable, so Ive never seen anything other than a 4:3 presentation. It also appears to be open matte rather than P&S, and it lacks any type of CGI or post processing effects, so nothing was compromised on a full frame transfer.

As much as I would like this to be 16x9, this is one of those rare examples, where I own the movie anyway. This ranks in my top 10 of "guity pleasures" and have no problem supporting the DVD despite its lack of a 16x9 transfer.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Same here. With some MAR films, you just have to bite the bullet. "Midnight Madness" is one of those for me as well.

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
It is indeed the only DVD I have which is in the incorrect aspect ratio, which is why I was so interested in whether this new release was corrected or not.

The fact that it is not means the Disney is without my cash (Anchor Bay got that, first time around); I would have double-dipped in order to get the movie done properly.

Oh, well. Perhaps on HD-DVD, someday.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, at least I don't have to double dip.
Especially giving money to FULL FRAMERS Buena Vista.

I can keep my Anchor Bay version.

I agree, some FULL FRAME DVD's you just have to buy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks