Midnight Club II

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EdR, Jan 12, 2003.

1. EdR

EdR Second Unit

Is anyone else seriously looking forward to this? M.C. was one of the first games I got for the PS2, and I really liked the gameplay (capture the flag mode is a blast), although the graphics and car handling were a bit too simplistic for my taste...but it seems that Rockstar is determined to improve those areas, among others -- which should [crossing fingers] result in a kick-ass street racing game.
    Official Site:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/midnightclub2/
    IGN has some related links on this page (no subscription needed):
    http://ps2.ign.com/objects/015/015550.html

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

A couple of nice screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This game is gonna rock. The premise is so simple but focuses more on the fun factor rather than name brands or modding this and upgrading that. Basically a street race version of SF Rush without all the mid-air craziness. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Any online play? That's the feature I'm looking for most in the next racing title I pick up.

4. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

Todd,
    Nothing official has been announced about online play, but it is heavily rumored. And, the PS2 broadband and Xbox Live logos on the official MC2 website only feed fuel to the rumors. (I really really hope online play is a reality, but I cant help but think that its probably some stupid gimmick about Internet Stats or some crap like that.)

Online play would just be too good to be true for this game!!

And I agree, MC was one of my first PS2 games (actually, literally my first) and I have had tons of fun with it! A sequal is definitely being looked forward to!!

5. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I never played the first one but was interested in this one until I read that there's no car customization. That almost kills it for me. I don't want to drive the same cars as everyone else. I want to be able to modify my car and then see how it stacks up against the competition.

I had more fun playing Tokyo Extreme Racing on the DC than any other racing game I've every owned. Any news of a new version of it coming out? That would be a must buy for me.

6. EdR

EdR Second Unit

7. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

Capture the flag was a blast and the best part of the first MC. I can't help but think Rockstar has lost some biz with a title like this due to their own success with the GTA series when people can just buy that game and race around a large cityscape.

8. EdR

EdR Second Unit