Midnight Club II - the dilemma

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EdR, Mar 21, 2003.

1. EdR

EdR Second Unit

So MC II is coming for the PS2 on April 8 and for the Xbox on May 27. In general, I prefer to get games for the Xbox due to it's power and the fact that nearly every game is in progressive. However, being the impatient, impulsive gamer that I am, I'm not sure how I will be able to wait ~6 weeks for the Xbox version of the game!

I don't have Live (yet) or the PS2 online adapter (yet). This is exactly the kind of game (assuming it's good) that would get me to buy into online console gaming. I assume that the online experience (in general, not just with this game) will be better in the Xbox, but that's just a hunch, what's the consensus?

The wait could be made easier if I knew for certain that the Xbox version is better. Conversely, similar to Need for Speed:HP2, the choice could be easy if the PS2 version happened to be better. Has anyone heard about this, or is it just too early?

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

EdR,

The important thing is to research whether the PS2 and Xbox versions have been 'farmed' out to different developers. This was the case for NFS2:HP, and why the GCN and XBOX versions suffered. The people handling the PS2 version crafted a superior game, not just graphics-wise but gameplay-wise.

However, I believe Rockstar is handling all ports with the same finesse, in which case my instinct would be to hold out for the Xbox version.

~j

3. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

I'll be waiting to find out whether the PS2 version supports the Logitech wheel. That will be a deciding point for me.

4. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

5. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

I am thinking about buying the ps2 version and then just selling it on ebay for $30-$35 bucks and then get the xbox version in May, no way that this game will not be excellent on LIVE. I cannot wait. [​IMG]

Xbox live gamertag: RKellyloveskids

6. Scott_W

Scott_W Stunt Coordinator

Auto Modellista needs a lot of fixes to the overseas version for it not to flop here. It got reviewed horribly. Hopefully Namco listened.

Will MC II support XBox Live? I thought I read it wasn't somewhere. I've also seen very little press on the XBox/GC versions of the game, which worries me a bit. Usually the XBox versions are better though, especially if it supports Live.

7. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

From the official site:

8. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Im going to hold out for the XBox version - for the progressive scan alone. I have so many damn games in the wrapper I don't need another one anytime soon. [​IMG]

9. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Rob: I hear that. For all I know I'll have an Xbox by the time I get around to picking this one up.

10. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit