What's new

Midnight Club 2 vs PGR2 (1 Viewer)

DavidAM

Second Unit
I've wanted to pick up Midnight Club 2 for awhile now. I've been pretty much addicted to PGR2 and am wondering if Midnight Club 2 is worth getting. Anyone have both of these games and can say if they still play MC2 with PGR2 in their library? MC2 is on sale at Target for $30 and I almost picked it up, but not sure I'll play it as I like PGR2 so much.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Completely different games. MC2 has loose physics and for me the only fun part was the motorcycles. PGR2 has less forgiving physics and while it's still an arcade racer, it's much more realistic.

Now if you want an arcade racing game, Need For Speed Underground is pretty good, and for me was much more entertaining than MC2.

DavidAM

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply. I've thought about it and think I will pass on MC2 for now.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You may wanna give MC2 a rent. It gave my bro and I many late nights screaming and swaying to the TV around each turn trying to beat the CPU. The cars look and sound cool. :emoji_thumbsup:

Len Cheong

Second Unit
What about Need For Speed Underground? The driving physics is forgiving and you can "trick out" your ride in many many different ways. The graphics are also excellent and the sound is THX certified if that means anything.

Damien

Supporting Actor
Midnight Club 2 is defenitely worth a look at $30. It has the fastest sense of speed of any racer out there besides maybe Underground. It also will last you a very long time(3 cities) and also has a pretty good online mode.

DavidAM

Second Unit
Cool, thanks for the other input. I always forget about renting games. I'll go rent it and check it out for myself. I gotta remind myself about renting games!! I always just buy and then find out I don't like it!

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Underground looks really slick, but what I love the most about PGR2 is racing online. That goes away with NFSU on Xbox due to EA's online policy. Another consideration with NFSU (and I think Midnight Club if I recall) is that you have the ability to customize your cars, which is an element purposely left out of PGR2.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Now if you want an arcade racing game, Need For Speed Underground is pretty good, and for me was much more entertaining than MC2.
I feel exactly the same. I bought MC2 and played it for a few days. I really did not like it at all. I also thought it was pretty cheesy. I am just so glad that the store I bought it from has a 7 day return policy if the game was not what you expected.

I have been playing Need For Speed Underground for the past 3 days and can't put my controller down. I keep telling myself one more race, just one more race, then 10 races later I am still saying one more race. Great game. The drift and drag competitions really add a lot more to the game.

Alanna

Second Unit
For $30 bucks, MC2 is a solid buy. The only thing that annoyed me about the game was the cheesy looking characters but luckily that has little to do with the racing itself. :)

As for MC2 vs. NFS: Underground, NFS has loads more style but I think its worth checking out both games. Being able to put a custom touch to your ride is cool, but I generally enjoyed the actual driving in MC2 far more than NFS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks