Midnight Club 2 is it worth the money?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nicholas A. N., Jun 9, 2003.

1. Nicholas A. N.

I was wondering if midnight club 2 is worth the money. i like arcade style racers with turbos and deadly crashes not games like gran turismp 1,2 and 3. those were to hard and took to long to play, because i want a game that i can just pick up and play.

I've seen lots of good reviews that make it look good but i want to know if it is good. if you could post a short review or a list of pros and cons that would be nice.thanks.
    P.S. is the online play good?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Here's a copy & paste of my review:

...I got addicted to this game ever since I started winning REAL cars. Once you get the Jersey XS it's all over. One thing you notice about the game is that it's LONG and there is a pretty nice learning curve to all the cars. It's not frustrating at all. If you're a fairly good gamer you'll get used to your newly won car quick and each one has to be mastered to pass a certain track. You CAN'T use your fastest car all the time (unlike GT3) and that's what I love about this game, it's nicely balanced. Oh and don't get me started on powersliding, it's sooo much fun once you get it down right!

I got MCII at launch on April 9 and I'm still playing it, just now trying to dethrone the world street champion (plus there are several secret cars to open). I dropped Zelda after I got into this game (*ducks*), then got Enter the Matrix, quickly beat it and now back to racing again. Haven't gotten into the online portion of it yet (don't have the adapter) so I can't comment on that.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

You can read some of my comments in the other thread

I really like it, great arcade racer. I've already played it 10x more than Burnout 2 (which I've only played a little bit admittedly).

4. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I think you'd be happier with Burnout 2.