What's new

Mid speaker alignment question (1 Viewer)

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
I am building a WMTMW speaker using the CCS WR125S as the mids. The problem is that the driver requires so much volume for a flat response that it adds considerable size to the box.

If I bring the volume for those drivers down to a reasonable level, it puts a .8 dB hump in the curve at around 165 Hz, (Q=.925). Since the pass freq will be about 900-1000 Hz or higher the hump should be more than 30 dB down if I'm correct, (12 dB/oct).

Anything wrong with this? I could increase the box some more and cut the hump further but considering the above would it be worth it?

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, I definitely plan of stuffing it but it won't likely be enough. In general though, would a 1 dB hump that far down be a problem? My guess is that I can also tune it out in the XO, (at least I think so!).

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
If you are crossing at 900Hz-1kHz and the bump is at 165Hz you can effectively ignore it. It might change your rolloff slope a little but it should be quite a ways down. I wouldn't worry about it. But do stuff.

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Just be careful with how the HP filter interacts with the impedance peak at the midrange Fs if this is for your midrange. You'd have to watch this with either a lower Q setup or a higher Q setup, but be aware it's something you'll have to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks